Programs Department Meeting - 11th May 2021
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Wilco Alsemgeest, Todd Woodward, Shirielle Williams
- Jaz shared the working document for the upcoming fiscal year's budget and asked all of the teams to prepare their budget requests before 1st June so that they can be reviewed during the next department meeting. The two previous years budet were shared for reference.
- An update has been received about the Joomla Foundation application, and Jaz explained what was needed to be prepared for the appeal process and asked if the Educational Outreach working team could assist in preparation/review of a document outlining the Foundation's educational objectives.
- Shika and JCPQM testing is ongoing.
- The team has two open positions that will be posted in this month's magazine article.
- A meeting with the Exam Maintainers is planned to discuss the process and system.
- The team's mission and goals statements have been adopted by the team and published on the team's JVP page.
- The search for an Assistant Team Leader is ongoing.
- VET has plans to communicate with GSoC students to help them find ways to contribute.
- Help wanted page rewrite draft is in review by the team.
- Last team meeting was postponed until 14th May.
- The department discussed the current status of the team and ways to encourage new members to join to help coordinate the translation processes.
- There was a brief discussion about how the project could better utilise LinkedIn, especially for advertising open roles. Patrick will follow up with the Social Media Team.