Programs Department Meeting - 7th September 2021
Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Wilco Alsemgeest
JCP - Chris
- The JCP team did not hold a formal meeting in August due to holidays. We did hold a couple of informal meetings and worked on the QMS etc. The next JCP team meeting will be held on September 15th.
- The QMS (sandbox) has been upgraded to Joomla 4 (by Jeroen 6 September 2021). We are now starting to implement and test the workflow features in J!4 to help manage the Q&A update and reviews.
- Chris has been in contact with the Exam Maintainers, we hope to be able to start the update of the Administrator to J!4 from the middle of September.
VET - Patrick
- August meeting was not held, due to a mixture of inactivity directly in the group and a degree of overactivity from several members in the group in delivering tasks across departments and their local user groups for the release of Joomla 4.
- Next Meeting: September 28 2100 UTC
- Contribute to Joomla page updates to be finally published in the next week, with follow up announcement in JCM
- Onboarding Team have moved through a few tasks and are regaining momentum on setting up some onboarding activities.
JTP - Wilco
Updates are being performed on the Docs website:
We added additional proofreaders and languages, a lot of progress is going on within the Crowdin platform for the CMS as well websites, marketing and the other projects.
A webhook + api call flow has been implemented in Crowdin.
This will make sure a package build is started for a language when it's 100% approved, to make sure proofreaders do not have to wait for the daily build run before they can use their package.
- PHP Validators has been built into the various GitHub actions to check the translated files (e.g. localise.php) to make sure the syntax is correct. This way we have more control on the way they language packages and the way they work.