Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

By Martijn Boomsma on 2015-08-20 14:38 in Finance Team

Please see here for the minutes of the last Finance Team meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t44SRNTlgnjtWWGQVR4ry_Oq2VJBzPEqJEe3ynTPxwQ/edit?usp=sharing

Read more: Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

By Sander Potjer on 2015-08-19 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Sarah, Ronni, Sander, Marijke, GeorgeMissing: Alice, Chris, Pete The call for the Transition Team nominees closed on July 31. We have received a total of 18 nominations, for 10 unique persons. Thanks to all that send in nominations. The Stucture Team debated and updated the Transition Team process. Our next actions are: Transition Team Nominees Confirm all nominees by mailing them info Friday the 21st August. Ask the nominees to fill out a 10 line motivation and a picture for...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

August meeting notes

By Claire Mandville on 2015-08-13 00:00 in Vulnerable Extensions List Team

August Meeting discussion points. Adding ssl certificate to vel site, showing our reporters that we take security seriously DNS SPF and DKIM records for uplifting security and reliability of our emails VEL internal extension development Update on JIRA integration VEL API - data format suggestion: crediting reporters of vulnerabilities in listings, a  "responsible developers list" or "developer responsibility level" was also discussed.  

Read more: August meeting notes

New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

By Peter Bui on 2015-08-06 22:40 in Joomla Accessibility Team

Currently there are several working groups that are building new websites for the Joomla project including, the Joomla! Site Showcase (JSS) and the Joomla! Community Magazine (JCM). A few accessibility testers have expressed interests in giving feedback and testing for these two websites when they're on testing development servers ready for accessibility testing. The working groups are looking at getting the test environments ready in August for feedback and testing.

Read more: New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-08-04 22:28 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressRuth CheesleyAlejandro PascoliBruce ValleHelvecio da Silva JUG Directory Migration Update: Updated group as to where the JUG Directory is at. Need to test functionality. Need meetup API/ID to test and twitter. All in progress. Will address a couple of potential new members this week [jenn]. Got up to date on what was happening with pending listings. Most are waiting on the JUGs to respond. Getting on top of these. Alejandro and Bruce to work with a new one...

Read more: 4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-24 16:01 in Automated Testing Team

13th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group,   wednesday 22th of July   Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Michael Babker, Niels Braczek, Robert Deutz, Yves Hoppe, Absent: Puneet Kala, David Jardin, Milton Bryant,Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Hervé Boinnard, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar, Roland Dalmulder,   Previous meeting report:...

Read more: 13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Progress on Stage 2 of updates

By Brian Teeman on 2015-07-22 17:29 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

In the last few weeks we have made a lot of progress including (but not limited to) Remove Manager and standardise on Options - Merged PR Stop using the abbreviation admin - Merged PR replace click with select - Merged PR Show Hide - Merged PR standardise on folder - Pending PR Simplify text and Elminitate Redundancy for JLIB_RULES_SETTING_NOTES - Pending PR Viewlevel Access - Consistency Check - In Progress Batch Processing Instructions - In Progress   In addition it...

Read more: Progress on Stage 2 of updates

PBF Event JDayMN15

By Tessa Mero on 2015-07-22 06:57 in Production Leadership Team

On July 19th, 2015, a Pizza, Bugs, and Fun (PBF) event was organized at JDay Minnesota 2015. Although it was planned and announced late, we still had an attendance of 10 people. Jessica Dunbar and I spent the time training each person on the patch testing process. 7 out of 10 of the members were brand new to the process, and 1 just getting back into it again.   One of the members even spoke highly about how much she loved the process and was telling others about it.   As we...

Read more: PBF Event JDayMN15

21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-21 00:00 in User Groups Team

In Attendance: Jenn Gress I was alone so I'll summarise what I went over with myself. 1. I did speak with Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall about the JUG Directory in process. Things are coming along well. We didn't get to talk about everything and had to table our discussion for the time being. Will report more after the next meeting (4 August 2015). 2. Italy: Italy is coming along nicely. Since the last meeting I've managed to approve sixteen JUGs in Italy. Three others were combined into other...

Read more: 21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

PLT July 2015 Meeting report

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-13 08:57 in Production Leadership Team

PLT meeting 6th July   # Status of Joomla 3.4.x Joomla 3.4.3 release (http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5590-joomla-3-4-3-released.html ) seems to have been pretty successful. We will likely look to make a 3.4.4 before 3.5 alpha and depending on timelines for 3.5 a 3.4.5 release.   # Status of Joomla 3.5 We need Hannes (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pulls/hackwar) to update his final Pull Request with the router improvements and after that we need to...

Read more: PLT July 2015 Meeting report

7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-09 04:27 in User Groups Team

In attendance: JennSaurabhAlejandroBrianEric Brian, Eric, and Wim were all taken through their first training session to work pending listings since the prior meeting in June. Jenn still to get in touch with Son & Bruce for training. Considered another new member. Tabled until next meeting when Ruth can update us on what needs to happen with revised FAQs and TOSs and an update on the JUG Directory project/migration. We talked about the pending listings, of which there are TONS of...

Read more: 7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-01 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

Topics covered: Testing Code Sprint The PLT has considered to organise a Code Sprint for Testing like last year (see http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html).  Probably will happen in October, more information to be shared soon in the team.   Status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project (Kshitij & Puneet) Issue: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/6499 Puneet, Kshitij and Javier needs to review:...

Read more: 12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

By Jessica Dunbar on 2015-06-29 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html

Read more: Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-06-18 18:24 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressEric LamyAlejandro Pascoli We discussed the new applicants for the JUG Team and the final votes and decided to invite four of the five to the JUG Team. The fifth is new to Joomla and will be connected with a local JUG and the docs team to potentially help there and maybe in the future become a JUG Team member when he has more experience with JUGs and Joomla. We also discussed how to proceed getting the Organiser mailing list through mailchimp updated and how to...

Read more: 16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

JED Team Summit 2015

By Matthew Baylor on 2015-06-17 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

Posted on the JED Blog: http://extensions.joomla.org/blog/item/jed-team-summit  

Read more: JED Team Summit 2015

2015-06-11 Marketing Team Meeting Agenda & Notes - June 11, 2015

By Mike Veeckmans on 2015-06-16 15:13 in Marketing Team

Meeting Agenda & Notes can be found on : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/8pPNyZ-xNpk

Read more: 2015-06-11 Marketing Team Meeting Agenda & Notes - June 11, 2015

en-GB User Interface Text Working Group at J & Beyond

By Brian Teeman on 2015-06-11 00:00 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

During the J and Beyond Make it Happen session three of us continued the work updating and standardising the language strings. There were 20 issues identified during the session and pull requests have been issued (and committed) for most of them.  One issue identified was the archaic use of english in some of the strings and this will be addressed in the coming weeks with a fairly large pull request

Read more: en-GB User Interface Text Working Group at J & Beyond

6th May, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By KSHITIJ SHARMA on 2015-06-10 22:52 in Automated Testing Team

10th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group,   wednesday 6th of May   Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Kshitij Sharna Topics Covered in the Meeting: Kshitij and Puneet innformed about the current status of the system Test Suite and updates on the GSOC'14 project. Robert and David are working on running system tests on Docker Containers. Javier is working on writing the Codeception Tests for Weblinks extension. Javier and Puneet have created the...

Read more: 6th May, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

10th June, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By KSHITIJ SHARMA on 2015-06-10 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

11th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuag, Yves Hoppe, Valerie Isaksen Topics covered in the meeting: Welcoming new members to the group: Yves and Hervve Kshitij and Puneet innformed about the current status of the system Test Suite and updates on the GSOC'14 project. Kshitij, Puneet and Javier needs to review: pull 6764 and also run the test suite to find out if there is any error or...

Read more: 10th June, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

2 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-06-02 19:44 in User Groups Team

In attendance: JennRuthHelvecio (a bit late) We discussed listings and how many there are and how few people we have on the team working listings. Talked about a different way to assign team members new listings and listing updates as they come in so they are touched within 48 hours of receipt if at all possible. A Directory Assistant Lead would be helpful in this regard and could assign appropriate people to listings as they come in. Finding new members: we discussed putting a call out for...

Read more: 2 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

Make It Happen - JUG Directory Group

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-05-30 16:46 in JUG Directory Working Group

The JUG Directory Working Group ran a 'make it happen' session at J and Beyond.  The session was well attended and new group members have been added to Glip and volunteers.joomla.org. The fields required to set up the Sobi installation have been documented in notes within Glip and the team has started with populating the directory categories. There was a discussion about simplifying the process as much as possible, having a minimal form to get started and dropping the registration into...

Read more: Make It Happen - JUG Directory Group

Draft published on community.joomla.org

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-05-29 15:22 in Conflict Resolution Team

Today v2 of the proposed changes to the Code of conduct was published on community.joomla.org for two weeks of community feedback - http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1864-joomla-code-of-conduct-update-community-feedback.html

Read more: Draft published on community.joomla.org

Code of Conduct - Review Comments

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-05-26 17:06 in Conflict Resolution Team

The Code of Conduct team met today to review comments on the Google Doc by Leadership Team members. Comments were applied where relevant and the revised Code of Conduct Draft document will be shared with the community via a blog post at community.joomla.org for a period of two weeks to allow for comments and discussion, commencing Friday, 29th May 2015.

Read more: Code of Conduct - Review Comments

Code of Conduct meeting

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-05-15 00:00 in Conflict Resolution Team

The Code of Conduct team met to finalise the version sent to Leadership Teams for review. The document was shared on the public mailing list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-leadership/TAbwFKQsDFc for two weeks' comment, it will be sent out on a blog post for community feedback on Friday 29th May.

Read more: Code of Conduct meeting

Meeting Notes 5 May 2015

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-05-05 19:45 in User Groups Team

New team member/project volunteer application done at https://docs.google.com/a/community.joomla.org/forms/d/1UOfPwsDStWYuK25iYRN370d7b_GHNdCGBObXOMvwzkU/edit#. If JUG Team members want to get notifications of new applicants, please go to the results form and add yourself to the notifications by going to Tools and Set notifications.   Jenn to add new form and new text into volunteer.joomla.org.   Ruth to walk Eric through listing training.   Jenn to talk to Helvecio about...

Read more: Meeting Notes 5 May 2015

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - April 22

By Alice Grevet on 2015-04-24 07:45 in Structure Team

Present: Peter Bui, Ronni Christiansen, Alice Grevet, Sander Potjer, Marijke Stuivenberg, Sarah Watz The team spent time discussing the community feedback phase of the proposal, and sharing impressions about it. Some good information was shared. In the end it is not a large number of people commenting. The forum does not seem to be the best way to involve the broader community in a conversation - there is a sense that the frequently unfriendly debate culture discourages participation from...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - April 22

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - April 15, 2015

By Alice Grevet on 2015-04-16 19:17 in Structure Team

Present: Alice Grevet, Sander Potjer, Marijke Stuivenberg, Sarah Watz Community feedback from the forum thread was discussed, covering: the role of the Local Communities Department, developer/production representation on the proposed Board of Directors, the process and the input that has gone into the current proposal, the role of the ombudsman, and the voting process that will take place to accept or reject this proposal. The team spent time working to provide responses to questions that...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - April 15, 2015

Update Working Group report - March 1st, 2015

By Jacques Rentzke on 2015-04-09 12:59 in Update Working Group

Minutes from Update Working Group Meeting of 1 March 2015 In attendance: Tom Hutchison, Jacques Rentzke, Connie Lippert, Dan Cruson, Rishi Vishwakarma, Kathleen Watson, Shirat Goldstein, Mike Veekmans (briefly - he is very ill), Jenn Gress Thank you to the team Jacques Rentzke starts off the meeting by again thanking everyone who helped and/or provided input, for the Joomla 2.5 migration pages, the update notification plugin and the marketing around the 2.5 EOS and migration tools/advice...

Read more: Update Working Group report - March 1st, 2015

25th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By KSHITIJ SHARMA on 2015-04-08 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

9th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, David Jardin, Kshitij Sharma Topics Covered in the Meeting: Javier informed that the System Tests working Group and Unit Tests working group have got merged into Automated Testing Working Group. Javier informed about the PR for codeception tests for Weblinks. Once this pull is merged and finished, we will be able to do the tests in weblinks, beacause weblinks will reuse some of...

Read more: 25th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Meeting notes - Tuesday, 7th April 2015

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-04-07 20:36 in User Groups Team

The JUG team have moved their meeting time/date to be the first Tuesday of the month at 2000 UTC. Attendance:   Y/N Team Member Y/N Team Member   Liam Mandville Y Helvecio da Silva Y Ruth Cheesley Y Jenn Gress   Saurabh Shah   Eric Lamy Y Alejandro Pascoli   Son Koral Y Duke Speer       Apologies: Liam Mandville Son...

Read more: Meeting notes - Tuesday, 7th April 2015

January-March Combined report

By Javier Gomez on 2015-04-07 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

Combined report of the following done Production Leadership Meetings: Feb 19th, 2015 Mar 9th, 2015 (special meeting for roles and responsibilities) Mar 23th, 2015   Topic: Joomla 3.4.2 (George) 3.4.2 will soon be released to fix some issues identified at 3.4.1., a Pagination issue is one of them.   Topic: Status of Joomla 3.5 (Roberto/George) Notes from Roberto (Joomla 3.5 release leader)   The goal for Joomla 3.5 is to make sure that everything in joomla can be...

Read more: January-March Combined report

Progress on Badges and Redesign

By Dawn Russell on 2015-04-01 18:04 in Resource Directory Team

Today we met to review the progress in translations, badge design and search design/output. Badges: We decided as a group to work with Chiara as part of the Joomla design team to engineer the final design for the JRD badges. As such, the certification team was contacted so all badges for the Joomla community will have a consistancy while also being distinct. This means we won't have badges as promised for the April 1st deadline, however, we are moving forward towards implementing...

Read more: Progress on Badges and Redesign

VEL roundtable discussion march 15

By Claire Mandville on 2015-04-01 00:00 in Vulnerable Extensions List Team

In a 2 hour round table discussion, the VEL team discussed the following. 1. meetup at JAB/JWC - For most of the team, our attendance at the JWC/JAB is impractical due to working schedules. Other meetings can be arranged as timings permit.2.  Due to the nature of the workflow, it was decided that documented / typed meetings will be best arranged ad hoc.3. Joomla Magazine - we will review possibilities for articles and one is already in the pipeline. 4 . Discussion on Phil Taylors...

Read more: VEL roundtable discussion march 15

2015-03-19 Marketing Leader Team Planning Meeting Agenda - March 19, 2015

By Jessica Dunbar on 2015-03-23 17:01 in Marketing Team

Meeting notes from 4/19  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/ny_GNbm3RXw You can see all of our notes here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list

Read more: 2015-03-19 Marketing Leader Team Planning Meeting Agenda - March 19, 2015

March 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

By Radek Suski on 2015-03-19 12:44 in Events Team

Attendees: Ryan Bernstein, Dianne Henning, Wim Marnes, Saurabh Shah, Radek Suski, Sigrid Suski Not in attendance: All members were in attendance Date/Time: March 18, 2015 @ 16:00 UTC   The team discussed the following in the meeting: Events site has been updated to latest version of Joomla! and 3rd party extensions, as well the template has been updated. Additionally some minor changes have been made to improve the accessibility on mobile devices. Event Organiser...

Read more: March 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

Pizza, Bugs and Fun DE - vol 1

By David Jardin on 2015-03-18 22:22 in Bug Squad

At 14th of March 2015, a total number of 110 people helped finding and fixing bugs during the very first german-speaking "Pizza, Bugs and Fun"-Event, that took place at 14 different locations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The overall concept worked quite well: by focusing on the german-speaking countries, we had the possibilty to offer an event in the attendees mother language, and thereby overcome potential language barriers. On top of that, we decided to create a "decentral" PBF with...

Read more: Pizza, Bugs and Fun DE - vol 1

Bug squash session at Joomla Day Boston

By Roland Dalmulder on 2015-03-16 11:21 in Bug Squad

Last Sunday, March 15th, we held a bug squash session at Joomla Day Boston. It was by no means a session of big numbers, the opposite actually, we only had 6-7 people there. However this doesn't mean it was not successful, we booked some great results. Joining our session was Anita, she was a first time bug squasher and oh boy did she squash a bug or two. While testing an existing bug report, Anita found another issue. After completing the test on the existing bug report Anita went to work on...

Read more: Bug squash session at Joomla Day Boston

Capital Team - February 2015

By Joe Sonne on 2015-03-11 02:26 in Capital Team

The Capital Team did not have a general meeting in February due to Team Leader's illness. In February Joe Sonne and Tessa Mero worked together with a potential vendor to secure a communications collaboration platform for Joomla.org leadership teams and working groups. Things have progressing nicely and should culminate in a signed contract between the vendor and OSM in the near future.

Read more: Capital Team - February 2015

Pizza, Bugs and Fun in Dordrecht, Netherlands

By Roland Dalmulder on 2015-03-07 22:14 in Bug Squad

On February 28th, the Dutch organised a Pizza, Bugs and Fun (PBF) event in the city of Dordrecht. Between 20 to 25 people attended the PBF and had a great time testing Joomla issues. Not only did we test issues we also helped each other getting started. The day was also used to discuss the Joomla code and how best to solve certain issues. After a short introduction we got started with our own scrum board. We had put up 50 post-its with issue numbers and an indication if the issue was easy,...

Read more: Pizza, Bugs and Fun in Dordrecht, Netherlands

Detalles de la publicación Marzo 2015

By Guillermo on 2015-03-02 00:00 in Revista de la comunidad Joomla!

Durante el mes de Febrero el equipo de colaboradores de la Revista de la Comunidad Joomla! trabajó arduamente por tener una edición que mantuviera la calidad de los artículos que hemos venido mostrando durante el último tiempo. Es así que se publicó la edición de Marzo 2015 con 8 artículos en las áreas de comunidad, administración, desarrollo y diseño. Así mismo se le dió la bienvenida a Joomla! 3.4 y se...

Read more: Detalles de la publicación Marzo 2015