25th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By Puneet Kala on 2015-02-25 16:36 in Automated Testing Team

8th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Valerie Isaksen, David Jardin, Kshitij Sharma, Viktor Vogel Topics Covered in the Meeting: Javier updated about the status of Current System Tests suite, we have merged all the code from GSOC and latest changes to the Joomla-cms repository, this is the link to the PR which was done https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/6057 , from now on for any changes in the system test...

Read more: 25th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Feb. 11, 2015

By Alice Grevet on 2015-02-25 12:40 in Structure Team

Present: Peter Bui, Alice Grevet, Sarah Watz Time was spent going over the comments collected from the leadership feedback on the proposal. Where possible comments were resolved pertaining to grammar, or points that have been clarified. The team considered alternative terms for the role referred to in the proposal as "Volunteer".    Updated timeline:   February 13 - 27: Translation teams start translating the proposal, publishing the revised...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Feb. 11, 2015

Badges, Sunsetting the Archive, and the JRD in Portuguese

By Dawn Russell on 2015-02-25 00:00 in Resource Directory Team

Today we met to review the progress on Badges for the Joomla Resources Directory, Portuguese translations, and sunsetting the archive. Badges: We have recruited Arjen Schrijvers who is also working on the Certification Team for our badges working group. We've decided to go square with the design for the most flexibility. We're coordinating with Arjen so that the badges work across both platforms and are visually similar. The badge will work like this: The user is given an HTML...

Read more: Badges, Sunsetting the Archive, and the JRD in Portuguese

meting of the 20th

By liam on 2015-02-24 18:26 in User Groups Team

In the meting of the 20th february we discussedThe process of Umberella groups registration.The ongoing rcuruitment of directory team volunteersThe restructuring of the JUG directory team.The promotion of joomla.com as a temporary hosting solution for Joomla User Groups. The viability of fortnightly metings, replacing with monthly meetings. 

Read more: meting of the 20th

CLT MInutes - February 2015

By Alice Grevet on 2015-02-24 00:00 in Community Leadership Team

Participants: Peter Martin, Olaf Offick, Ruth Cheesley, Guillermo Bravo, Dianne Henning, Peter Bui, Alice Grevet Absent: Sander Potjer, David Jardin, Brad Baker, Isidro Baquero Abbreviation Guide: CLT = Community Leadership Team http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-... -team.html JED = Joomla Extensions Directory http://extensions.joomla.org/ JRD = Joomla Resources Directory http://resources.joomla.org/ JAB = JandBeyond Conference http://jandbeyond.org/ JCM =...

Read more: CLT MInutes - February 2015

Help Wanted - JoomlaCode Issue Tracker Archive

By Michael Babker on 2015-02-23 15:54 in CMS Maintenance Team

As part of the previously announced shutdown of JoomlaCode.org, we are looking to establish a static archive of Joomla's issues from our years of using that system so that data is not lost.  At present, we have a component which is already able to read the issue data from the JoomlaCode SOAP API and stores this in the database of a normal Joomla installation.  However, this component was previously used for other purposes and wasn't fully designed to serve as a public archive....

Read more: Help Wanted - JoomlaCode Issue Tracker Archive

Web Services in Joomla: A Roadmap

By Chris Davenport on 2015-02-22 19:30 in Web Services Working Group

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZwmQeFWISPPv9o_a2GNeZUINmu95ja4R5KBxEr0zmCU/edit?usp=sharing

Read more: Web Services in Joomla: A Roadmap

February 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

By Mike Carson on 2015-02-11 19:06 in Events Team

Event team meeting report Attendees: Mike Carson, Radek Suski, Sigrid Suski, Wim Marynes, Dianne Henning, Ryan Bernstein, Saurabh Shah Not in attendance: All members were in attendance Date/Time: Feb 11, 2015 @ 11:00 EST   The team discussed the following in the meeting:   Approved changes and updates to the old JoomlaDay Charter that will be renamed to “Official Joomla Events Charter” so it will be more flexible to include events that are not just JoomlaDay events. Discussed...

Read more: February 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

JRD Meeting Report

By Dawn Russell on 2015-02-11 17:17 in Resource Directory Team

Today the Joomla Resources Directory Team met to discuss a number of agenda items including: Volunteers - we have a number of new applicants to join our team, how to integrate new members and projects that would compliment their skill sets. Members of our core team each took on an area of interest that they will over see and volunteers are being contacted to join these smaller working groups. Approvals Updates - we had a blast of new applications and support ticket responses after...

Read more: JRD Meeting Report

Marketing team & Sensis meeting

By Jessica Dunbar on 2015-02-04 22:58 in Marketing Team

Meeting notes from Marketing & Sensis https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/lEJaC8-l9fU

Read more: Marketing team & Sensis meeting

Stage 1 completed

By Brian Teeman on 2015-02-04 17:10 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

Pleased to say that the stage 1 goal of the Working group have been completed with the final merge of the "big PR" Create Style Guide Update core en-GB files to use Style Guide We can now move on to finding a permanent home for the style guide and after the release of 3.4 a more detailed look at the language strings.  Some issues have already been identified to look further at but as per the argeement they will not be done before the release of 3.4 to limit the work load on translation...

Read more: Stage 1 completed

4th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By Puneet Kala on 2015-02-04 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

7th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Valerie Isaksen, Robert Deutz, David Jardin, Milton Bryant Topics Covered in the Meeting: Puneet Kala, informed about the status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project work. We have about three issues in the test suite and the plan is to fix them by 10th Feb, 2015. Puneet will handle the fixes, Javier will talk to JBS to fix issue in Redirect Manager David Jardin and Robert...

Read more: 4th Feb, 2015 Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - January 14, 2015

By Alice Grevet on 2015-01-31 18:25 in Structure Team

Present: Ronni Christiansen, Javier Gomez, Alice Grevet, Sander Potjer, Marijke Stuivenberg, Sarah Watz The team discussed how to define local communities. The aim is for all countries to have a voice. Due to turnover and other priorities, active PLT representation on the Structural Team is low. It is important that they be involved in the structural change discussion. The last published timeline was adjusted during this meeting, and has been updated again since then. Here is the new...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - January 14, 2015

Capital Team Meeting - 1st Meeting of 2015

By Joe Sonne on 2015-01-29 19:13 in Capital Team

Members in attendance: Joe Sonne, Mike Veeckmans, Mike Carson, Paul Orwig, Marco Dings, Brian Peat Regrets: Martijn Boomsma   Absent: Charlie Hague, David Hurley, Robert Jacobi   Presentation by Mike Veeckmans for a new Joomla Shop proposal for review and comments by the team for consideration. Discussed different sponsoring and marketing initiatives for consideration. Discussions about areas of responsibilities within the team and which team members are willing to take on...

Read more: Capital Team Meeting - 1st Meeting of 2015

January Meeting Report

By Victor Drover on 2015-01-29 00:00 in Trademark & Licensing Team

Attendees Jennifer Gress, Crystal Harris, Victor Drover Location Skype Summary On 12-Jan-2015, the member of the Trademark team met for approximately 1 hour to discuss the status of the new trademark website.  The attendees expressed some concern about communication levels with the trademark website, but proceeded to bring Victor (OSM Liason) up to speed on the progress of the site.  Much of the discussion centered around the minimum amount of content required to launch, and well how...

Read more: January Meeting Report

Meeting Document January 15th, 2015

By Roland Dalmulder on 2015-01-26 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

PLT Meeting Document January 15th, 2015 Present January 15th, 2015: Tom, Javier, George, Roland, Chris, Viktor, Jessica, Thomas, Robert   Topic Welcome new members: Jess, Robert and Viktor ( 5 minutes, Javier) Dealing with term renewals (old members renewing, new member terms) Moving responsibilities And Structure review Meeting calendar for 2015 Budget 2015 Travel approval Status of the Framework Status of Joomla 3.4 Status of Joomla...

Read more: Meeting Document January 15th, 2015

Marketing team & Sensis Kickoff meeting

By Jessica Dunbar on 2015-01-26 00:00 in Marketing Team

Marketing Team Meeting notes from Marketing Team + Sensis Meetinghttps://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/SbgvyqetL7Y

Read more: Marketing team & Sensis Kickoff meeting

Up to Date with Submissions

By Brian Mitchell on 2015-01-21 16:06 in Resource Directory Team

The Joomla Resource Directory team is up to date with everyone that has submitted a listing to the directory.  What does this mean exactly? When the JRD was relaunched it was decided that rather than simply rolling all of the listings from the old directory into the new, everyone would be required to resubmit their information.  While creating additional work, it was a unique opportunity to "refresh" all of the information, purge any out of date information, and make sure everyone was...

Read more: Up to Date with Submissions

21st-Jan-2015, System Test Team

By Puneet Kala on 2015-01-21 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

6th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Robert Deutz, Kshitij Sharma, David Jardin, Milton Bryant Topics Covered in the Meeting: Kshitij Sharma, informed about the status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project work. System Tests would be updated and merged in next few weeks. David Jardin and Robert presented the progress that they have made running system tests on Docker Containers, All the progress that has been...

Read more: 21st-Jan-2015, System Test Team

CLT Minutes - January 2015

By Alice Grevet on 2015-01-20 00:00 in Community Leadership Team

Participants: Sander Potjer, Olaf Offick, Ruth Cheesley, Dianne Henning, Peter Bui, Isidro Baquero, Alice Grevet, David Jardin Absent: Guillermo Bravo, Peter Martin, Brad Baker Abbreviation Guide: CLT = Community Leadership Team http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-... -team.html JED = Joomla Extensions Directory http://extensions.joomla.org/ JRD = Joomla Resources Directory http://resources.joomla.org/ JAB = JandBeyond Conference http://jandbeyond.org/ JCM =...

Read more: CLT Minutes - January 2015

January 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

By Mike Carson on 2015-01-14 18:39 in Events Team

  Attendees: Mike Carson, Radek Suski, Sigrid Suski, Wim Marnes, Dianne Henning, Ryan Bernstein, Saurabh Shah Not in attendance: All members were in attendance Date/Time: Jan 14, 2015 @ 11:00 EST   The team discussed the following in the meeting: Set meeting dates for February, March, April Event site listing rules - Discussed event types that can be listed on the events.joomla.org website and documented rules and procedures for approving different event types.Event...

Read more: January 2015 Events Team Meeting Report

Update on our progress and upcoming features.

By Dawn Russell on 2015-01-14 17:16 in Resource Directory Team

This week we met in two working groups to tackle the last of the remaining approvals. At this point, we are planning to have ALL of the applications reviewed and responded to within two weeks, or by January 28th. Please make sure your listing is complete to ensure fast approval. We will be sending out a newsletter in a week to update all current and former JRD applicants of our status on approvals so the community stays in the loop. We agreed to sunset the archive of the old JRD which is on...

Read more: Update on our progress and upcoming features.

Summary OSM Meeting 8 January, 2015

By Marijke Stuivenberg on 2015-01-11 23:24 in Open Source Matters

  In todays Board of Directors meeting we discussed these items: Approval of the Meeting Minutes of December 11 and 18, 2014 will take place on the email list. Team Reports Demo Site: Free Hosting Demo at joomla.comThe launch needed to be delayed since a solution for supporting the free demo hosting users need to be developed. Events Team The team will meet next week and discuss leadership of the team GSoC Preparations for assembling a team...

Read more: Summary OSM Meeting 8 January, 2015

Week 1 en-GB User Interface Text Working Group

By Brian Teeman on 2015-01-07 22:30 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

The PLT approved the proposal to create the group. A style guide has been started and reviewed by the groups. A review of the strings has started and the first PR has been submitted. A list of issues to be addressed after the release of 3.4 has been started. A first draft of a proposal to manage the aproval workflow when language strings are changed or commited has been created. Discussions regarding the format of the final style guide have started.

Read more: Week 1 en-GB User Interface Text Working Group

07-January, 2015 Report

By Puneet Kala on 2015-01-07 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

5th Meeting for System Test working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Robert Deutz, Tanaporn Pantuprecharat, Kshitij Sharma, Viktor Vogel, David Jardin Topics Covered in the Meeting: Kshitij Sharma, and Puneet Kala informed about the status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project work. Puneet and Javier will review the work done by Kshitij and prepare a PR to the main Repo, if everything is working as expected. David Jardin and Robert presented the...

Read more: 07-January, 2015 Report

PLT adds new members

By Javier Gomez on 2015-01-02 15:49 in Production Leadership Team

The PLT has added 3 new members: Robert Deutz, Viktor Vogel and Jessica Dunbar. All the details can be found at http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1841-new-additions-to-the-plt.html

Read more: PLT adds new members

Detalles de la publicación Enero 2015

By Guillermo on 2015-01-02 00:00 in Revista de la comunidad Joomla!

Durante el mes de Diciembre, a pesar de ser un mes históricamente lento para la Magazine, debido a las vacaciones por fiestas de fin de año, el equipo de colaboradores de la Revista de la Comunidad Joomla! trabajó arduamente por tener una edición que mantuviera la calidad de los artículos que hemos venido mostrando durante el último tiempo. Es así que se publicó la edición de Enero 2015 con 9 artículos, poniendo énfasis en desarrolladores, diseñadores y administradores. Así mismo se incluyó un...

Read more: Detalles de la publicación Enero 2015

January Update

By Michael Babker on 2015-01-01 00:00 in CMS Maintenance Team

Open Reports Issues: 122 Pull Requests: 364 Total Open Reports on January 1, 2015: 486 Total Open Reports on December 2, 2014: 513 Net Change: -27 User Activity Active Users in December: 162 Active Users in November: 195 Net Change: -33 Items Opened/Closed Total Items Opened in December: 313 Total Items Closed in December: 332

Read more: January Update

Marketing Team Meeting Thursday December 18, 2014.

By Jessica Dunbar on 2014-12-23 23:26 in Marketing Team

Marketing Team Meeting notes for Thursday  December 18, 2014. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/Ra5GXqAe6Pw

Read more: Marketing Team Meeting Thursday December 18, 2014.

Meeting Thursday December 11, 2014

By Jessica Dunbar on 2014-12-23 23:24 in Marketing Team

Our reports are on google groups, you may visit here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-marketing-working-group-public-list/2eQkDOUr-lA

Read more: Meeting Thursday December 11, 2014

Summary OSM Meeting 18 December, 2014

By Marijke Stuivenberg on 2014-12-22 17:22 in Open Source Matters

The main topic of this meeting was to discuss the Budget for 2015. The Treasurer started the Budget Process end of October, working with liaisons from PLT and CLT.Goals and Objectives for each goal have been set by each Leadership Team.For most of the line items an owner is assigned and an annual dollar amount. For oversight, the Treasurer prepared three documents for the board containing the “Real Budget”, the budget worksheet and a quick summary. The Treasurer is happy with the progress...

Read more: Summary OSM Meeting 18 December, 2014

Meeting Document December 10th & 11th, 2014

By Roland Dalmulder on 2014-12-21 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

Present December 10th, 2014: Tom, Javier, George, Roland, Chris Present December 11th, 2014: Tom, George, Roland, Chris, Thomas   The meeting started by welcoming the two new members, George and Roland, to the PLT team.   First the team discussed the voting on new members and it was decided that the voting closed on December 14th, 2014. A new round of voting could be held in 2015 if needed.   To prevent a large group of PLT members to step down when their terms end in the...

Read more: Meeting Document December 10th & 11th, 2014

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Dec. 17

By Alice Grevet on 2014-12-20 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Peter Bui, Ronni Christiansen, Alice Grevet, Sander Potjer, Marijke Stuivenberg, Sarah Watz The team worked on a new document that combines the proposal, its structure and process with the working group feedback. The different levels of the proposed structure are being clarified, and internationalization has been included. The role of an ombudsman and advisory board continues to be defined, to be included as a separate but essential resource for the new structure. Other issues being...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Dec. 17

Meeting notes 18 December- JUG tea

By liam on 2014-12-18 00:00 in User Groups Team

Meeting notes 18 December- JUG teamOutstanding tickets were dealt with and awaiting JUG registratants responsesSystem downtime - Appears to have been resolved with server move.Proposed JUG team Meeting at JAB 2015 discussedSon, Alice and Jenn did (refresher) training.Umbrella Groups futher discussionsFAQ translations being looked at and updated. Next JUG Team meeting is 8 January 2015 18:00 UTC.

Read more: Meeting notes 18 December- JUG tea

CLT Minutes - December 2014

By Alice Grevet on 2014-12-17 00:00 in Community Leadership Team

Participants: Peter Martin, Sander Potjer, Olaf Offick, Dianne Henning, Peter Bui, Alice Grevet, David Jardin Absent: Brad Baker, Isidro Baquero, Guillermo Bravo, Ruth Cheesley Abbreviation Guide: CLT = Community Leadership Team http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-... -team.html JED = Joomla Extensions Directory http://extensions.joomla.org/ JRD = Joomla Resources Directory http://resources.joomla.org/ JAB = JandBeyond Conference http://jandbeyond.org/ JCM =...

Read more: CLT Minutes - December 2014

Summary OSM Meeting December 11, 2014

By Marijke Stuivenberg on 2014-12-13 23:51 in Open Source Matters

In todays Board of Directors meeting we discussed these items: Approval of the Meeting Minutes of October 23, 2014The minutes are posted at http://opensourcematters.org/about/organization/minutes.html Team Reports Demo Site: Earnings since launch Free Hosting Demo at joomla.com Events Team Transition to CLT Capital Team Joomla Shop Survey large sponsors and partners OSM website New site is launched Todo list New...

Read more: Summary OSM Meeting December 11, 2014

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Dec. 10

By Alice Grevet on 2014-12-11 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Peter Bui, Ronni Christiansen, Alice Grevet, Sander Potjer, Marijke Stuivenberg, Sarah Watz The team reviewed the feedback list which was started a week ago, to see what needs emphasizing, clarification or change, and also to determine if there are any additions to be made. The list covers the major points raised in comments and blogs, etc. Time was spent comparing the team's proposal with the proposals presented at JWC. Specifically discussed were: the role of an omsbudsman,...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - Dec. 10

10th December Meeting

By Puneet Kala on 2014-12-10 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

4th Meeting for System Test working Group, Meeting was attended by: Puneet Kala, Javier Gomez, Milton Bryant, Valerie Isaksen, Robert Deutz, Tanaporn Pantuprecharat Topics Covered in the Meeting: Puneet Kala informed about the status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project work, Puneet will work with Kshitij to fix all the tests by end of December, 2014. Robert Attended first meeting for System testing group and he explained about the setup and plan to make use of Servers,...

Read more: 10th December Meeting

JRD Membership Approvals Working Group

By Brian Mitchell on 2014-12-10 00:00 in Resource Directory Team

Thank you to the JRD team members that continue to assist in working through the huge surge of applicants for the new Joomla Resource Directory.  As of today we have nearly 80% (78.93% for the persnickety among us) that are either fully approved and listed or are in the approval process. That does still leave quite a few organizations that have submitted listings that have yet to hear back from us.  We are quickly working through all the submissions in the order they were...

Read more: JRD Membership Approvals Working Group

Update Working Group report - December 7th, 2014

By Jacques Rentzke on 2014-12-07 00:00 in Update Working Group

The team started in August of 2014, and falls under the Production Leadership Team (PLT). Overview Available at: https://docs.joomla.org/Update_Working_Group  Team communication and meetings The Update Working Group (UWG) has an open chatroom, #update-working-group on joomla.slack.com, and we’ve had three scheduled meetings in our chatroom:  6 Sept 2014 27 Sept 2014 18 Oct 2014 There’s also been ongoing discussion in the chatroom on various topic related to our group’s...

Read more: Update Working Group report - December 7th, 2014