Enhancement 2: Incorporation of Modules in Articles | 18-7-2021 | Progress Report

By Private Profile 664b8893 on 2021-07-18 09:07 in GSoC 21 Feature Enhancement

Updated on Task 2: Implemented the suggestions mentioned in the Task 2 PR: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/34764 These improvements include: Incorporating Modules that are imported using the {loadposition position_name,position_style} syntax Incorporating Modules that are imported using the {loadmodule mod_type,title,[style]} syntax The process to Create and Add a new module in the Module Select Modal of xtd-editor is now a single-step process. No need to re-open the...

Read more: Enhancement 2: Incorporation of Modules in Articles | 18-7-2021 | Progress Report

Weekly Report - 6 GSoC Accessibility Report

By Private Profile 7715d611 on 2021-07-18 08:04 in GSoC 2021 Accessibility

Tasks Accomplishment Working on Article and Published it here Keyboard Shortcut Plugin Article. Fixes the existing a11y issues in Joomla and merged them here Merged PR

Read more: Weekly Report - 6 GSoC Accessibility Report

Volunteers Portal - July 2021 report

By Sander Potjer on 2021-07-14 14:37 in Volunteers Portal Team

A status update about the Volunteers Portal activity last month: Github Issues The Volunteers Portal has a public repository and issue tracker on https://github.com/joomla/volunteers.joomla.org. We have been working on these issues this month: New Joomler profile from IDP not always created correctly #255 Google Maps javascript error on profile #260 (Identity Portal) Thanks for those reported issues and provided input. Please feel free to report issues, suggest features, or...

Read more: Volunteers Portal - July 2021 report

Events Team Report - July 10, 2021

By Shirielle "SD" Williams on 2021-07-14 00:14 in Events Team

The Events Team meeting was held as part of the Events Department meeting. Please see the Events Department Meeting July 10, 2021 report for further details. Events Team Update Benjamin Trenkle has left the team. We appreciate all of the work that he has done. He is heavily involved in other areas of the community and is certain our paths will cross soon. We will set the testers with different permission and create a testing session on the Sandbox in the coming weeks. We are also...

Read more: Events Team Report - July 10, 2021

Programs Department Meeting - 6th July 2021

By Jaz Parkyn on 2021-07-13 17:33 in Programs

Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Wilco Alsemgeest, Todd Woodward Apologies: Shirielle Williams Minutes: Dept  Jaz shared an update on the budget requests that were approved for the new fiscal year. After two and half years of holding the Programs DC position, Jaz informed the department that she has decided to step down from the role at the end of the current term. During the transition process, Jaz will support her successor in every way possible to help...

Read more: Programs Department Meeting - 6th July 2021

SOC 2021: Cronjobs - Week 1 and 2

By Tushar Malik on 2021-07-13 15:55 in Summer 2021 CronJobs

Tasks Completed Design database tables: While still due changes as the outlook for the component, including the plugin API and triggers, become clearer and more refined, a rough functional database structure was one of the first things implemented as the development process began. Since then it has received 3 updates, the latest of which was as recent as the day before, to address various problems that emerged as the management views were implemented. Lay out the component...

Read more: SOC 2021: Cronjobs - Week 1 and 2

GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 5

By Private Profile b1295ea3 on 2021-07-13 10:09 in GSoC 21 Media Manager Filter

Tasks accomplished: Add a new option to override default image sizes. A new "Content - Responsive Images" plugin option was added which ensures that it's possible to customize the default responsive image sizes. Newly specified sizes apply to all the images in the web content. Add a new option to set different size options for form images. Users can override the default sizes by using the plugin options - the sizes they specify become the new default, but what if they want to set...

Read more: GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 5

July 10th 2021, Events Department Meeting

By David Aswani on 2021-07-13 08:10 in Events

Attendees: Shirielle D. Williams, Philip Walton, Laura Gordon, Patrick Jackson, Todd Woodward, AK Shehu,  Absent with Notice: David Aswani, Ahmad Moussa, Viviana Menzel Absent without Notice: Justine Ayebale Department Updates No major department updates   JUG Team Updates The team is actively reaching out to the JUGs to offer assistance and confirm which are still active.    A process is required to be put in place to add names to the Joomla User Group list on...

Read more: July 10th 2021, Events Department Meeting

SOC 2021: Guided Tour – Week 1

By Jatin Avinash Salve on 2021-07-13 07:36 in Summer 2021 Guided Tour

Date: 01 July 2021 – 07 July 2021 Location: Ring Central. Title: This is the Weekly Progress report of the Project ‘Guided Tour’ which is part of Soc 2021. Discussion Outline\ Activities Done in the week: Discussed the ideal roadmap for the upcoming weeks of SoC 2021.  Discussed the Structure for the ‘Guided tour’ Component, and also what changes Should be done in order to make the component/ Project User friendly.  Discussed the basic structure of the MVC Component and...

Read more: SOC 2021: Guided Tour – Week 1

GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 5

By Rishabh Ranjan Jha on 2021-07-13 04:55 in GSoC 21 Feature Enhancement - 2

Date: 5 July 2021 - 11 July 2021 Location: Glip Hi, this is the progress report for the cookie manager project which is currently part of GSoC. In the 5th week of the program, we discussed how to block cookies along with the database design for storing the cookie scripts. Moreover, part of the discussion was the Admin UI’s elements and functions to manage the different types of scripts. Discussion Outline: Admin UI for storing cookie scripts in the database table...

Read more: GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 5

Joomla Bug Squad Meeting - July 2, 2021

By Jacob Waisner on 2021-07-11 17:27 in Bug Squad

Date: July 2, 2021 Time: 18:00 CEST Total time of meeting: 30 minutes Attendees: Richard Fath, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jacob Waisner, Tuan Pham Ngoc, Luca Racchetti   Discussion outline              During this meeting we discussed the following topic: Current Status Current Status   RC3 is live! 135 PRs merged for J4 over the past 30 days 117 issues closed for J4 over the past 30 days 16 PRs merged for J3...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Meeting - July 2, 2021

Enhancement 2: Incorporation of Modules in Articles | 11-7-2021 | Progress Report

By Private Profile 664b8893 on 2021-07-11 11:03 in GSoC 21 Feature Enhancement

Update on Task 1: A public draft PR is open: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/34743A few improvements have been made since  Task 2: PR: https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc21_core-enhancements/pull/8Important Features: A new Tab has been added in the article edit view that shows a list of all imported modules by their module id This tab is conditionally visible if an imported module exists and if this has been enabled in the configuration Ability to...

Read more: Enhancement 2: Incorporation of Modules in Articles | 11-7-2021 | Progress Report

Weekly Report - 5 GSoC Accessibility Project

By Private Profile 7715d611 on 2021-07-11 07:41 in GSoC 2021 Accessibility

Tasks Accomplished: Added Restore Defaults and updated modal window - Restore Defaults button is added at the bottom of is used to restore the default key combination for the shortcut. It is applied to all the buttons and editor buttons also. Fixes XML files as per Joomla Code Standard - XML files are fixes as per Joomla standard with proper author name and spaces. Added Plugin query in SQL FIles - SQL query is added for the Keyboard Shortcut Plugins in the Plugin Section

Read more: Weekly Report - 5 GSoC Accessibility Project

CMS Release Team Meeting July 07, 2021

By Sigrid Gramlinger on 2021-07-10 20:56 in CMS Release Team

Wed, July 07, 2021, UTC 18:00 DETAILSDuration:  75 Minutes Participants: Rachel, Jenn, Claudia, Stefan, Sigrid AGENDA Joomla Testing The list of changes from Harald for 3.9.28 was really helpful when testing. This would be really helpful for 3.10 and 4.0. If Release Leads could support us also in the future with a list of areas, this increases time for testing. Especially with J4 which has many different areas in each release, would be a time saver. Sigrid will ask Release Leads...

Read more: CMS Release Team Meeting July 07, 2021

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - July 01, 2021

By Luca Marzo on 2021-07-10 15:01 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: July 01, 2021Time: 17:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 30 minutes. Attendees: Justine Ayebale Abunyanga (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Marco Dings (Director), David Opati Aswani (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Wilco Alsemgeest (Director), Philip Walton (Director). Apologies: Radek Suski (Treasurer). Proxies: Philip Walton served as proxy for Radek...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - July 01, 2021

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 29, 2021

By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2021-07-10 08:14 in Production

  Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June  29, 2021 Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 29, 2021

Marketing and Communication Departments Meeting 2021/06/29 15:00

By Philip Walton on 2021-07-05 21:21 in Marketing & Communication

Marketing and Communication Departments Meeting 2021/06/29 15:00  In attendance Alison Meeks, Andrew Barber, Sandra Decoux, Vikas Pisal, Stacey Cox, Josean Telleria, Phil Walton The simple agenda was Introduction Tasks to add to the RC releases Resources needed Additional marketing outside of RC releases Other channels of communications Introductions  Introductions were kept to a minimum to allow more time for the main topics. Tasks to add to the...

Read more: Marketing and Communication Departments Meeting 2021/06/29 15:00

Certification Program: team meeting(s) - June 2021

By Chris Keen on 2021-07-05 18:17 in Certification Team

In June the JCP team met twice to discuss the current issues and status of the JCP projects. Participants: Attendees:Chris Keen (TL), Jeroen Moolenschot Absent with apologies: Luca MarzoGuest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) - not present General points The team discussed the following topics (documents / proposals) Team news We are still urgently seeking to recruit two new team members, an Operations and Marketing Coordinator and a Platform...

Read more: Certification Program: team meeting(s) - June 2021

GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 4

By Rishabh Ranjan Jha on 2021-07-05 13:25 in GSoC 21 Feature Enhancement - 2

Date: 28 June 2021 - 4 July 2021 Location: Glip Hi, this is the progress report for the cookie manager project which is currently part of GSoC. In the 4th week, I have created a cookie manager plugin for displaying the cookie banner to the site.   Discussion Outline: Discuss the UI of the plugin. Cookie banner elements (First pop-up) Title of the cookie banner. Short description about the cookie usage. Link to the cookie policy. Cookie categories for managing...

Read more: GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 4

Forum Meeting June 2021

By Olaf Offick on 2021-07-05 12:15 in Forum Team

Vote Accepted - Both Forum Team leader and Assistant Team leader are confirmed for another year Joomla 4 - create forum when stable discussion about certain users

Read more:  Forum Meeting June 2021

GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 4

By Private Profile b1295ea3 on 2021-07-05 07:39 in GSoC 21 Media Manager Filter

Tasks accomplished: Insert srcset and sizes attributes to content/form images. The functionality was implemented for adding srcset and sizes attributes with default responsive sizes to every image whenever it gets inserted into the web content. Improve existing image generation functions. Helper and Image class methods for creating, generating, and deleting responsive sized versions of an image were improved to have a cleaner structure and to prevent code duplication as much...

Read more: GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 4

JED Team Meeting - June 22nd, 2021

By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2021-07-04 15:46 in Extensions Directory Team

  Joomla Extension Directory. Meeting Minutes - June 22, 2021 Participants: Hugh Douglas-Smith, Mark Fleeson (Jed 4 Developer), Oh Martin, Mark Lee, Anibal Sanchez, Dénes Székely, Tom van der Laan, Llewellyn van der Merwe (Team Lead), Jaz Parkyn (Assistant Team Lead) Absent with notice: Claire Mandville Absent without notice: Luca Marzo Team Organization: Llewellyn van der Merwe, Jaz Parkyn The format of the Joomla Extensions Directory meeting shall be a voice meeting with a...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - June 22nd, 2021

Weekly Report - 4 GSoC Accessibility Report

By Private Profile 7715d611 on 2021-07-04 06:00 in GSoC 2021 Accessibility

Task Completed this Week Implemented Buttons for the shortcuts. A pop-up window is added in buttons. The key combination is updated in a pop-up window. Testing for the Plugin.   Pull Request: https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc21_accessibility/pull/8#issuecomment-873381936

Read more: Weekly Report - 4 GSoC Accessibility Report

Joomla Bug Squad Meeting - June18, 2021

By Jacob Waisner on 2021-06-30 01:44 in Bug Squad

Date: June 18, 2021 Time: 18:00 CEST Total time of meeting: 1 hour Attendees: Richard Fath, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jacob Waisner, Tuan Pham Ngoc   Discussion outline              During this meeting we discussed the following topic: Current Status Weblinks Focus   Current Status   330 PRs Merged in J4 over the past month 18 PRs Merged in 3.9 over the past month 5 PRs Merged in 3.10 over the past...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Meeting - June18, 2021

PROGRESS REPORT I (29 June 2021)

By Private Profile a84028c1 on 2021-06-29 18:32 in GSoC 21 Frontend Inline Editing

This is the first report of the GSoC project Frontend inline editing. The goal of this project is to make the frontend text of a Joomla website inline editable.   GSoC's official coding period started on 7th June. The first phase(7-15 June) I was busy with college exams. So this was an extended community bonding period for me. Ideally, GSoC students are expected to spend around 18 hours a week on their project, but I will spend more to make up for my first week in the upcoming...

Read more: PROGRESS REPORT I (29 June 2021)

Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 15, 2021

By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2021-06-29 06:49 in Production

  Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June  15, 2021 Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger...

Read more: Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - June 15, 2021

JCM Meeting Report - June 28th, 2021

By Andrea Gentil on 2021-06-28 14:15 in Community Magazine Team

Attendees: Anja de Crom, Sandra Decoux, Luca Marzo, Andrea Gentil Guest: Philip Walton Discussion outline June issue published on time: thanks to the whole team for the work done July issue planning started. Review of monthly stats from Analytics and newsletter. Team Leader Election: Andrea Gentil has been re-elected for another term. Budget: request from JCM for Marketing purposes was denied. Pending: Author’s guide: general review (add comparison with competitors and change...

Read more: JCM Meeting Report - June 28th, 2021

Joomla 4 Marketing Team - June 2021 Report

By Josean Telleria on 2021-06-28 09:25 in Joomla 4 Marketing Team

Status update about the Joomla 4 Marketing Team during June 2021: Currently, three new members have been added to the Joomla 4 marketing team: Edurne Rubio (help in design and corrections in Spanish), Irune Elicegui (Video), Daniel Álvarez (Google Ads)   Tasks done and being done: Finalised design and layout of the brochure. The following languages are currently translated and uploaded to the drive: Dutch, French, German-Switzerland, Russian and Turkish. Spanish and Indonesian are...

Read more: Joomla 4 Marketing Team - June 2021 Report

GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 3

By Private Profile b1295ea3 on 2021-06-28 07:51 in GSoC 21 Media Manager Filter

Tasks accomplished: Use a plugin for image generation. In the initial implementation of the responsive images generation functionality, the same code was used in every model where it's needed. To prevent duplication, the functions were moved to a plugin ensuring that we write the code only once instead of doing the same procedure for every model. Fix responsive images deletion issue. While automatically removing responsive versions of images that are no longer used, we need to get their...

Read more: GSoC 2021: Media Manager - Week 3

GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 3

By Rishabh Ranjan Jha on 2021-06-27 20:05 in GSoC 21 Feature Enhancement - 2

Date: 22 June 2021 - 27 June 2021 Location: Glip Hi, this is the progress report for the cookie manager project which is currently part of GSoC. Discussion Outline: Discuss how to use the strings whether they should be in the database or language files. Conclude that we should move strings to the language files. Discuss how to categorise the cookies whether using the category feature of Joomla or in the other way. It’s better to use the category feature provided by Joomla, not need to...

Read more: GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 3