GSoC 2021 Team meeting

By Philip Walton on 2020-12-22 20:16 in Google Summer of Code Joomla Team

Benjamin Trenkle, Llewellyn van der Merwe, Shivam Rajput and Philip Walton held a meeting at 17:00 UTC on the 22 December 2020  The agenda was as follows. Intro and reason for group Nomination and vote for lead and Assistant Lead Review of timeline Review of projects Formation of chat groups and division of mentors into the groups. Mentor liaison GSoC Application An election took place and Phil Walton was elected team lead with 3 votes and one abstention  Phil Walton...

Read more: GSoC 2021 Team meeting

Certification Program: team meeting - December 16th, 2020

By Chris Keen on 2020-12-22 16:48 in Certification Team

The JCP December meeting was held on December 16th, 2020 at 17:00 (UTC). Participants: Attendees:Andrea Gentil (ATL), Jeroen Moolenschot, Luca Marzo and Chris Keen (TL). Guest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) Absent with apologies: None General points Team Leader Election:In December the JCL Team Leader (TL) yearly election process was held.There was only one candidate, Chris Keen (the current TL), after anomymous voting, the current TL is re-elected for another...

Read more: Certification Program: team meeting - December 16th, 2020

Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting November 30th 2020

By Davide Messia on 2020-12-22 14:28 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting Minutes November 30th, 2020 at 18:00:00  UTC Scheduled length of time: 1 hour Participants: Davide Messia, Shirielle Williams, Marianela Queme, Laura Gordon, Chris Keen, Llewellyn van der Merwe Apologies:  Hugh Douglas-Smith, Patrick Jackson, Niels Braczek, Wilco Alsemgeest, Daniel Dubois, Ruchika Nagarkar, Luca Marzo, Marco Dings, David Aswani,  Benjamin Trenkle, Mark Bender Assistant Team Leader: all members present agree to Patrick...

Read more: Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting November 30th 2020

Volunteer Engagement Team:Help Wanted Project

By Davide Messia on 2020-12-22 14:18 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Help Wanted Project Summary December 18, 2020   Team Members: Laura Gordon, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Davide Messia, Benjamin Trenkle   Interviewers: Laura Gordon, Patrick Jackson, Davide Messia, Elisa Foltyn, Shirielle Williams, Justine Ayebale   Goal: We wanted to interview various people that have different involvement levels in the joomla project.  Some people that we met with are not involved in volunteering at all, others are already involved in a Joomla...

Read more: Volunteer Engagement Team:Help Wanted Project

Events Department Meeting - December 16, 2020

By David Aswani on 2020-12-17 06:21 in Events Team

Participants:  Djamel Kherbi, David Aswani, Brian Ronnon, Benjamin Trenkle Apologies:   None Total time of the meeting:  60 minutes    Venue: Google Meet The Events department held its monthly meeting where the following items were discussed. Event Department 1. Benjamin was welcomed to the team as this was his first Events meeting.  2. It was agreed that we create a vision board, with defined goals, that will guide the events team for the coming...

Read more: Events Department Meeting - December 16, 2020

Programs Department Meeting - 1st December 2020

By Jaz Parkyn on 2020-12-15 19:52 in Programs

Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Davide Messia, Andrea Gentil, Shirielle Williams, Wilco Alsemgeest Apologies:  Todd Woodward Minutes Dept  Jaz asked each of the teams to work on a list of goals that they would like to achieve in 2021. Deadline set as 10th December, to allow the magazine team time to format for the upcoming issue. Each of the team leaders and assistant team leaders were reminded to confirm (or not) their attendance ahead of the department...

Read more: Programs Department Meeting - 1st December 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - December 11, 2020

By Jacob Waisner on 2020-12-14 02:08 in Bug Squad

Date: December 11, 2020 Time: 19:10 CET Total time of meeting: 1.5 hours Attendees: Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, Jacob Waisner, Luca Racchetti   Discussion outline              During this meeting we discussed the following topics: Thanks to SharkyKZ PHP 8 Status Release Blockers UX Label Better “Discussion” Management   Thanks to...

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - December 11, 2020

Educational Outreach Working Group Meeting - December 11, 2020

By Todd Woodward on 2020-12-11 23:28 in Educational Outreach

Joomla Educational Outreach Working Group Meeting December 11, 2020 17:00 UTC https://meet.google.com/snq-gjix-jyo?authuser=1   Attendees: Laura Gordon (EST), Chris Keen (Europe Amsterdam UTC +1), Todd Woodward (EST), AK Shehu (Dubai), SD Williams (CST)  Apologies: all core members present   Contact with non-active members: Todd - reached out directly via email and glip.  We have our core team. Former members moved to the Honor Roll and will send to Davide...

Read more: Educational Outreach Working Group Meeting - December 11, 2020

Volunteers Portal - December 2020 report

By Sander Potjer on 2020-12-09 19:51 in Volunteers Portal Team

A status update about the Volunteers Portal activity last month: Github Issues The Volunteers Portal has a public repository and issue tracker on https://github.com/joomla/volunteers.joomla.org. We have been working on these issues this month: [Field] - NDA Signed date field #239 Thanks for those reported issues and provided input. Please feel free to report issues, suggest features, or even work on the issues listed in the repository. Let me know if you need help to get...

Read more: Volunteers Portal - December 2020 report

Privacy Compliance Team Meeting December 9, 2020

By Donata Kalnenaite on 2020-12-09 15:52 in Privacy Compliance Team

This meeting of the Joomla! Privacy Compliance Team has been held on Glip on December 9, 2020 at 16:30 CET.  Participants In attendance:  Donata Stroink-Skillrud Sandra Decoux Roland Dalmulder Sander Potjer Discussion outline  Roland has completed the "Joomla and your consents" article and will submit it to the Joomla Community Magazine;  Sander is working on the development of the signed documents in the backend;  Sandra will create a list of questions...

Read more: Privacy Compliance Team Meeting December 9, 2020

JED Team Meeting - November 27th, 2020

By Anibal Sanchez on 2020-12-04 11:23 in Extensions Directory Team

The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on November 27th, 2020, at 15hs UTC, via Glip to discuss our progress on current tasks. In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Claire Mandville, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, Llewellyn van der Merwe, Wilco Alsemgeest (Department Coordinator). Absent: Carlos Cámara Team Organization The issue on the processing of review reports and unpublishing of review. We are aware of an issue affecting the...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - November 27th, 2020

JCM Meeting Report - November 25th, 2020

By Andrea Gentil on 2020-12-02 10:55 in Community Magazine Team

The meeting started at 14:30 (CEST) Participants:  Anja de Crom, Wilco Alsemgeest, Hans Van Der Meer, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Andrea Gentil. Apologies: Patrick Jackson Discussion outline November issue published on time: thanks to the whole team for the work done. December issue planning started. Review of monthly stats from Analytics stats: Data studio ready, including newsletter stats. Font sizes & readability: Andrea will work on the improvements suggested by Elisa...

Read more: JCM Meeting Report - November 25th, 2020

Certification Program: team meeting - November 25, 2020

By Chris Keen on 2020-11-29 18:15 in Certification Team

THe JCP November meeting was held on November 25 2020 at 17:00 (UTC). Particpants: Attendees:Andrea Gentil, Jeroen Moolenschot, Luca Marzo and Chris Keen. Guest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) Absent with apologies:  General points Exam sessions:There have been no exams held in the last month. At this moment there are no new exams planned.. Website and Exam platform Shika (new exam platform):Preliminary tests with the most recent update from TechJoomla are...

Read more: Certification Program: team meeting - November 25, 2020

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 19, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-11-28 16:02 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: November 19, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 55 minutes Attendees: Brian Mitchell (President), Justine Ayebale Abunyanga (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Radek Suski (Treasurer), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), David Opati Aswani (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Marianela Queme (Director), Wilco Alsemgeest (Director). Apologies: - Proxies: - Invited...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 19, 2020

SA&S Minutes 2020-11-25

By Niels Braczek on 2020-11-26 01:00 in Software Architecture & Strategy Team

Attendees: Marco, Llewellyn, Marianela, Niels   JCB enlarges fields in the #__asset table to allow finer permissions (longer strings). https://github.com/vdm-io/Joomla-Component-Builder/blob/staging/admin/sql/install.mysql.utf8.sql#L2434-L2441.Advice: Production should re-visit https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/14268 Volunteers Portal: Which skills are needed for the different positions? We should provide a list of skills linked to (affiliate) places, where people can learn...

Read more: SA&S Minutes 2020-11-25

Privacy Compliance Team Meeting November 25, 2020

By Donata Kalnenaite on 2020-11-25 16:34 in Privacy Compliance Team

This meeting of the Joomla! Privacy Compliance Team has been held on Google Hangouts on November 25, 2020 at 16:30 CET.  Participants In attendance:  Donata Stroink-Skillrud Sandra Decoux Roland Dalmulder Sander Potjer Discussion outline  Roland is working on finishing up the "Joomla and your consents" article;  The team discussed a task that states that the Cookie Policy is incomplete/incorrect - we will review the task and update the Cookie Policy as...

Read more: Privacy Compliance Team Meeting November 25, 2020

Forum Meeting 23/11/2020

By Olaf Offick on 2020-11-23 19:02 in Forum Team

Meeting Notes: Discussions about forum behavior of various users Moving to Cloudlinux on the 1st Dec Forum Rules - Adding Rule about Hacker Kudos Welcome Topics - in general we are keeping them open Adding more testers to the Sandbox

Read more: Forum Meeting 23/11/2020

JSST Meeting Report (2020-04)

By Tobias Zulauf on 2020-11-20 23:37 in Security Strike Team

Time: Tuesday, 03th of November 2020, 5pm UTC - 6pm UTC Attendees: David Jardin, Tobias Zulauf MITRE / CNA We have been accepted as CNA by MITRE and prepared a Press Release that is currently pending and waiting for approval from MITRE. JSST / Webmasters Cooperation Process The JSST and the Webmasters now formally wrote down the Cooperation Process between the two teams. Nothing is changing in terms of what we do but it is now written down and documented. Now we are awaiting the Webmasters...

Read more: JSST Meeting Report (2020-04)

Educational Outreach Working Group Meeting - November 20, 2020

By Todd Woodward on 2020-11-20 19:18 in Educational Outreach

Joomla Educational Outreach Working Group Agenda - November 20, 2020 17:00 UTC Structure and organization of the resources and tools to include in the hub Determination of the types of materials Review the rough outline for the Joomla Student Club and discuss how can help   (Ruchika Nagarkar) Attendees: Laura Gordon, Chris Keen, Todd Woodward Apologies: AK Shehu, SD Williams Time Permitting Alert other ‘joomla members’ that this area...

Read more: Educational Outreach Working Group Meeting - November 20, 2020

Operations Department Meeting Minutes - November 16, 2020

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-11-19 14:35 in Operations

Participants: Wilco Alsemgeest (Director), Jaz Parkyn (JED ATL), Andrea Gentil (JCM TL), Anibal Sanchez (JED TL) , Olaf Offick (Forum TL), Luca Marzo (JCM ATL), Sander Potjer (JVP TL), Roland Dalmulder (JVP ATL) Apologies: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase TL)   Motions: All Template Directory Working Group assets must be backed up and made available to the Extensions Directory Team. The Template Directory Working Group will be disbanded and any volunteer willing to work on the Templates...

Read more: Operations Department Meeting Minutes - November 16, 2020

November 2020

By Sebastien Lapoux on 2020-11-17 08:50 in Showcase Directory Team

Stats October: 6 sites submitted, 11 approved, 10 rejected, 2 corrections requested PHP upgrade to 7.4 Install and configure the 2FA plugin to force 2FA in regards of user groups Enable 2 factor authentification for registered users -> planned Working on implementation of the new rule to accept only httpS site Following New Cookie banner implementation (to respect GDPR) (started 1 year ago) Following SSO topic About the...

Read more: November 2020

Certification Program: team meeting - October 2020

By Chris Keen on 2020-11-16 20:03 in Certification Team

Due to illness the October meeting was postponed and held on November 4th 2020 at 17:00 (UTC). Particpants: Attendees:Andrea Gentil, Jeroen Moolenschot, Luca Marzo and Chris Keen. Guest: Jaz Parkyn (Dept. Co-ordinator) Absent with apologies:  General points Exam sessions:There have been no exams held in the last month. At this moment there are no new exams planned.. Website and Exam platform Shika (new exam platform):We held a meeting with TechJoomla to...

Read more: Certification Program: team meeting - October 2020

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 05, 2020

By Luca Marzo on 2020-11-14 11:14 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: November 05, 2020Time: 18:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes Attendees: Brian Mitchell (President), Justine Ayebale Abunyanga (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Radek Suski (Treasurer), Marco Dings (Director), Hugh Douglas-Smith (Director), David Opati Aswani (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director), Wilco Alsemgeest (Director). Apologies: Marianela Queme (Director). Proxies: - Discussion...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 05, 2020

Change at the top

By Philip Walton on 2020-11-14 09:39 in CMS Release Team

The CMS release team has a new leader, Sigrid Gramlinger. https://volunteers.joomla.org/joomlers/678-sigrid-gramlinger   Sigrid was elected the lead unanimously and appointed Stefan Wendhausen as the assistant release lead. https://volunteers.joomla.org/joomlers/1163-stefan-wendhausen   Congratulations to you both. It is great to leave the lead position in such capable hands and I wish them both well making the rolls their own. I will be remaining in the team to help with...

Read more: Change at the top

Volunteers Portal - November 2020 report

By Sander Potjer on 2020-11-11 21:06 in Volunteers Portal Team

A status update about the Volunteers Portal activity last month: Github Issues The Volunteers Portal has a public repository and issue tracker on https://github.com/joomla/volunteers.joomla.org. We have been working on these issues this month: [Team Labels] - Change "Unofficial" to "Working Group" #252 [Field] - NDA Signed date field #239 [JVP] - address checkbox state lost after IDP migration #1485 - team leaders can now review the OSM-member status of their team-members...

Read more: Volunteers Portal - November 2020 report

Privacy Compliance Team Meeting November 11, 2020

By Donata Kalnenaite on 2020-11-11 16:31 in Privacy Compliance Team

This meeting of the Joomla! Privacy Compliance Team has been held on Glip on November 11, 2020 at 16:30 CET.  Participants In attendance:  Donata Kalnenaite  Sandra Decoux Roland Dalmulder Luca Marzo Sander Potjer Discussion outline  Luca, Donata, Wilco, Marco and Hugh were on a call regarding the Cookie Script task to answer any questions that the Webmasters Team may have about this task. Currently, the Privacy Compliance Team does not have to answer any...

Read more: Privacy Compliance Team Meeting November 11, 2020

Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - November 06, 2020

By Nicola Galgano on 2020-11-07 06:38 in Bug Squad

Date: November  06, 2020 Time: 19:05 CET   Discussion outline            Current Status: Release Blocker: We have 22 issues and 4 pull requests.    Attendees: Richard Fath, Nicola Galgano, Troy Hall, Christiane Maier-Stadtherr, SharkyKZ, Jean-marie Simonet   Next Meeting: The next team meeting will be: Fri, 20 November at 7:00 PM CET

Read more: Joomla Bug Squad Team Meeting - November 06, 2020

Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting October 26th 2020

By Davide Messia on 2020-11-04 22:24 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting MinutesOctober 26th, 2020 at 11:00:00  UTCScheduled length of time: 1 hourParticipants: Davide Messia, Patrick Jackson, Shirielle Williams, Marianela Queme, Laura Gordon, Niels Braczek, Wilco Alsemgeest, Jaz ParkynApologies:  Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Chris Keen, Marco DingsAbsent without notice:   Benjamin Trenkle, David Aswani, Daniel Dubois, Brian Mitchell, Ruchika NagarkarPostcard project Send a New Years card to all volunteers,...

Read more: Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting October 26th 2020

Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting - September 28th 2020

By Davide Messia on 2020-11-04 21:30 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting Agenda September 28th, 2020 at 17:00:00  UTCScheduled length of time: 1 hourParticipants: Davide Messia, Benjamin Trenkle, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Shirielle Williams, Marianela QuemeApologies:  Laura Gordon, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Niels BraczekAbsent without notice:  David Aswani, Daniel Dubois, Vikas Pisal, Marco Dings, Brian MitchellSpecial thanks to the volunteers that have decided to leave the team:Justina Michallek, Darek...

Read more: Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting - September 28th 2020

Programs Department Meeting - 3rd November 2020

By Jaz Parkyn on 2020-11-04 20:29 in Programs

Participants: Jaz Parkyn, Chris Keen, Todd Woodward, Davide Messia,  Apologies:  Andrea Gentil, Shirielle Williams Invited Guest: Wilco Alsemgeest Minutes Dept  Jaz asked each of the team leaders to ensure that missing minutes are published as soon as possible on the Volunteer Portal. She also explained the importance of circulating and populating agendas ahead of the meeting to help the attendees to properly prepare. Finally, she asked Todd and Davide to reach out...

Read more: Programs Department Meeting - 3rd November 2020