1st Meeting GSoC 17 - Expand Extensions Manager

By Nuno Lopes on 2017-05-17 14:13 in GSoC 17 Expand Extension Manager

Date: 14/05/2017 Time: 20:00 PM UTC   Meeting was attended by: Anibal Sanchez, Roland Dalmulder, Llewellyn van der Merwe, Yves Hoppe, Tobias Zulauf, Nuno Lopes   Topics: 1- Discussing the features This topic comes with changes that may happen from what I wrote in my proposal. One of the biggest changes was that one of the 6 features was downvoted by JED team and the CMS devs group. So it will be removed from the feature list, this the final list :   1. Show the...

Read more: 1st Meeting GSoC 17 - Expand Extensions Manager

16 May JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Brian Ronnow on 2017-05-17 07:23 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn Gress, Eric Lamy, Djamel Kherbi, Bruce Valle, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall Report: Meeting minutes 1. Pending listing : Nice is ok, Eric and Bruce are working in translations, and the French is now 100% translated. Spanish will be finished by this weekend 2. Adding Association to the JUG Directory… We began discussing steps to add associations to the directory. 3. Djamel will draft post for adding members. Jenn to go over when he’s done. 4. Brian to...

Read more: 16 May JUG Team Meeting Minutes

1st Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4! (Kickoff Meeting)

By Supun Wanniarachchi on 2017-05-17 06:27 in GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4

Tuesday, 9th May 2017 on Glip Time: 10.30p.m (Colombo Sri Lanka), 7:00 p.m (Munich Germany) Report: Supun Previous meeting report   List of Attendees Overview   Mentor   A Student   A Ruchiranga Wickramsinghe RW x Supun Wanniarachchi SW x Ashan Fernando AF x       Dimitris Grammatiko DG x       Yves Hoppe YH...

Read more: 1st Meeting: GSoC 17 JS tests for Joomla 4! (Kickoff Meeting)

Joomla! Certification All Team Meeting (16 May 2017)

By Sam Suresh on 2017-05-16 13:01 in Certification Team

Joomla! Certification All Team Meeting (16 May 2017)   The Joomla! Certification All Team meeting was held via Glip   In attendance: Sam Suresh, Claudia Weber, Richard Van Tilborg, Luca Marzo, Andrea Genti, Chris Keen Meeting Outline:-   No Discussion Team 1. - We are onboarding two new contributors - We are in contact with JWC for an exam. - We have been / are supporting several teams, JUGs and persons with text and...

Read more: Joomla! Certification All Team Meeting (16 May 2017)

2nd Meeting: GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

By on 2017-05-15 19:06 in GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

Date: 12th May 2017 Time: 05:00 (UTC / GMT) 07:00 (CEST) Meeting was attended by: Niels Braczek, Astrid Guenther, Andrei Isac   Summary: 1) Discussed pre-installed Joomla staging images 2) Discussed docker networks for the testing environment 3) Selenium docker containers integration in the Virtualisation project 4) Project management setup on GitHub Projects.   Topics: 1) Pre-installed Joomla staging images The bonus part of the project is to automatically build docker...

Read more: 2nd Meeting: GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

Social Media Team Meeting; 15 May 2017

By Sigrid Suski on 2017-05-15 17:19 in Social Media Team

Attendees: Sigrid Suski, Sandra Thevenet, Radek Suski, Alison Meeks, Hans van der Meer (later, excused) The following topics were discussed: 1. Adapting our rules of posting events on Joomla's social media Introduction: In the past weeks we posted some upcoming talks of JaB on the Joomla FB fan page and on Twitter. The reason for this was to get more attraction to Joomla and its contributing people (speakers)  for the second big Joomla event. Due to the short time frame the...

Read more: Social Media Team Meeting; 15 May 2017

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - May 11, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-05-15 08:22 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc. Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: May 11, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 25 minutes Attendees Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director). Apologies Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - May 11, 2017

JWC Report 9th May 2017

By Davide Messia on 2017-05-15 05:54 in Joomla! World Conference Team

  Participants: Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Alison Meeks, Sandra Thevenet, Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, Alessandro Rossi, Donato Matturro, Roberto Longo, Luca Marzo, Davide Messia       Apologies: Mike Demo, Brian Peat, TJ Baker     TEAM ROLES & RECRUITMENT Ronni Italian Teams Update Italian Social Media Manager = (Rowan recruits -> Davide Onboards) Italian Marketing Manager = (Rowan recruits -> Davide...

Read more: JWC Report 9th May 2017

1st Meeting: GSoC 17 Webservices

By Altay Adademir on 2017-05-14 18:55 in GSoC 17 Webservices

Date: 13th May 2017Time: 06:00 (UTC / GMT) Meeting was attended by: George Wilson, Yves Hoppe, Mohamed Karam, Altay Adademir   Topics: 1. Introduction and Discussion of the Project Guidelines  Initially, George briefly explained the expected outcome of the project and detailed the design and implementation stages. He pointed out that important factor in this project is to make it as easy as possible for extension developers to integrate webservices based on their...

Read more: 1st Meeting: GSoC 17 Webservices

1st Meeting: GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

By astrid guenther on 2017-05-13 07:53 in GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

Date: 5th May 2017Time: 07:00 (UTC / GMT) 09:00 (CEST)Meeting was attended by: Niels Braczek, Tito Alvarez, Astrid Guenther, Andrei Isac Summary: 1) Discussed about the overall architecture and most needed features2) Task selection was discussed in details 3) Virtualization and Execution Queue, some of the topic discussed as part of the next steps 4) Project Scope was discussed, next steps were defined and questions that still need an answer were stated.   Topics: 1. Discussing the...

Read more: 1st Meeting: GSoC 17 Parallel Testing

GSoC 17 PR testing Platform: Meeting 10/05/2017 (Kickoff Meeting)

By Ricardo Fusco on 2017-05-11 23:55 in GSoC 17 PR testing Platform

Meeting Goals: Get to know each other Work carried out by Ricardo so far Rough scope of the project & direction Initial set of issues in Github Collaborating with other projects Clarify any doubts   Meeting Attended by: Ashan Fernando, Niels Braczek, Tito Alvarez, Yves Hoppe, Ricardo Fusco, Tobias Zulauf, Puneet Kala   Summary Get to know each other Every member of the team introduced itself and its background in the beginning of...

Read more: GSoC 17 PR testing Platform: Meeting 10/05/2017 (Kickoff Meeting)

1st Meeting Joomla GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

By Peter Martin on 2017-05-11 23:49 in GSoC 17 Refactoring help screen on JDocs

Date: 10th May 2017Time: 16:00 (UTC / GMT)Meeting was attended by: João Reys Santos, Peter Martin, Sandra Thevenet, Shivam Rajput, Tom Hutchison, Yves Hoppe Topics: 1. Discussing the most needed features with detail 1. Creating a tour guide for new administrators Tom suggested to use http://introjs.com Yves suggested http://linkedin.github.io/hopscotch/ and Shivam suggested http://bootstraptour.com/. Shivam will investigate some of those JS libraries regarding functionality &...

Read more: 1st Meeting Joomla GSoC 2017: JDocs Help Screens

Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (9 May 2017)

By Sam Suresh on 2017-05-09 12:48 in Certification Team

Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (9 May 2017)   The Joomla! Certification Steering Team meeting was held via Glip   In attendance: Sam Suresh, Richard Van Tilborg ,Luca Marzo (partially), Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen (partially), Oscar Ortiz, Michael Snoeren Absent:   Apologies: Important Notes:- New exam questions for new versions will be included after 3 months or longer. New Question Management System (QMS) developed by Sam is ready...

Read more: Joomla! Certification Steering Team Meeting (9 May 2017)

4 May 2017 Team Lead Meeting

By Michael Babker on 2017-05-08 16:00 in Production

Attendees Michael Babker - Department Coordinator Allon Moritz - Media Manager Team Lead David Jardin - Security Team Lead George Wilson - Framework Working Group Lead Niels Braczek - Bug Squad Lead Philip Walton - CMS Release Team Lead Puneet Kala - GSoC Team Lead Robert Deutz - Automated Testing Working Group Lead Roland Dalmulder - CMS Maintenance Team Lead Sandra Thevenet - Documentation Working Group Lead Department Coordinator We are in the final stages of finalizing our...

Read more: 4 May 2017 Team Lead Meeting

Bi-weekly report from Legal and Finance

By Soren Jensen on 2017-05-08 14:30 in Legal & Financial

Capital Team Met on April 25th Discussed if we should accept sponsors that favors competing solutions Agreed that all sponsorship links must become nofollow Created a draft "mandate" for the team to duscuss next meeting Created draft content for a rate card page Implementing banners from Rochen throughout site, awaiting artwork Conflict Resolution Team Looking for non-partisan volunteers from outside the organisation Legal Working Group Looking for more...

Read more: Bi-weekly report from Legal and Finance

Media Manager status meeting 4. May 2017

By Allon Moritz on 2017-05-05 21:28 in New Media Manager Team

Thursday 4th May 2017 on Google Hangouts Time: 19:30 CEST List of Attendees Overview   Attendee   A     A Allon Moritz (Lead) CH x       Marco Dings NL         Yves Hoppe DE         David Neukirchen DE         Dawn Russell US         Britta...

Read more: Media Manager status meeting 4. May 2017

Meeting Notes May 2017

By David Jardin on 2017-05-04 12:05 in Security Strike Team

Standard Operating Procedures: Action items from the last meeting have not been completed yet, moving to the next meeting. Assistant Team Lead: Tobias has been elected as the Assistant Team Lead of the JSST. Trimming the team to active contributors: As discussed during the last meeting, David asked a number of rather inactive team members how they see their current and future involvement and received three sorts of feedback: a) "I'm monitoring what's happening" b) "You are right, I'll...

Read more: Meeting Notes May 2017

02 May JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Djamel Kherbi on 2017-05-03 11:43 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn Gress Brian Row Djamel Kherbi Bruce Valle Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall   No Shows: Eric Lamy We had our bi-monthly meeting first  meeting for the month of May , held  from 19 pm to 20 pm CET on Google hangout, the following items were discussed.   Checked in with Eric and Bruce via Glip to see the translation status Discussed Google Drive Resources structure. Rowan to give link for main folder and Jenn will figure out how to word it on...

Read more: 02 May JUG Team Meeting Minutes

JED Team Meeting - April 28, 2017

By Anibal Sanchez on 2017-05-02 17:54 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Aleksander Kuczek, Darek Śnieg, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo and Mark Lee. Absent: Dénes Székely, Daniel Dubois, Markus Bopp, Miron Savan, Martin Mueller, Paul Franklin and Sotiris Katsaniotis Team organisation definitions To improve the team organisation, a set of rules has been proposed to keep our team focused...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - April 28, 2017

Certification Steering Team Meeting (2 May 2017)

By Sam Suresh on 2017-05-02 13:05 in Certification Team

 The Joomla! Certification Steering Team meeting was held on 2 May 2017 via Glip   In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Oscar Ortiz, Richard Van Tilborg Absent:   Apologies: Important Notes:- Team voted for Team Leader (TL) again since Stefanie is step down as TL. Sam is the new TL. Luca will be Assistant TL. PDF Certificates are now available to download by students from Exam Portal. Action Plan:- Steering...

Read more: Certification Steering Team Meeting (2 May 2017)

JDocs Report - May 1st, 2017

By Sandra Decoux on 2017-05-01 22:10 in Documentation Team

The Documentation requires a daily and never ending work. Joomla! 3.7 Help Screens All Help37 are functional Martijn keeps on updating the 3.7 Help screens All Joomla! 3.7 related pages updated, including 3.7 FAQ https://docs.joomla.org/Category:Version_3.7.0_FAQ Usual daily updates/review of contributions, translation tags, contributors welcoming mostly by MAT and Sandra. JDocs Stats - Overview https://docs.joomla.org/Special:Statistics

Read more: JDocs Report - May 1st, 2017

2017-04 Statistics

By Olaf Offick on 2017-05-01 00:00 in Forum Team

Timeframe: April 2017   New Topics: 842 New Posts: 3451 New Users: 1610   Same time frame last year: New Topics: 1491 New Posts: 6748 New Users: 1329        

Read more: 2017-04 Statistics

OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - April 27, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-30 19:04 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc. Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: April 27, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director). Apologies: - Discussion outline Queries...

Read more: OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - April 27, 2017

Joomla Operations Department Meeting, April 26, 2017

By Peter Martin on 2017-04-26 19:00 in Operations

Joomla Operations Department Meeting Wednesday April 26, 2017, 19:00 UTC Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator). Apologies: Isidro Baquero (Template Directory Team), Claire Mandville (Vulnerable Extensions List Team), Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team) Invited: Rowan...

Read more: Joomla Operations Department Meeting, April 26, 2017

Certification Steering Meeting - April 25, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-25 13:08 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Certification Steering Group meets every Tuesday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on April 25, 2017 on Glip.   Team members In attendance: Stefanie Thielman, Luca Marzo, Sam Suresh, Richard van Tilborg, Oscar Ortiz, Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen. Absents: Michael Snoeren (only listened), Claudia Weber-Lenck, Patrick Jungbluth. Discussion Outline Operation Team reported Work on the Workflow Extension has been on-hold during last week. Team involved new...

Read more: Certification Steering Meeting - April 25, 2017

Team Report Updated, Jan- April 2017

By Puneet Kala on 2017-04-25 06:57 in Google Summer of Code Joomla Team

Jan to April 2017 - GSoC Team Report   GSoC Application and JDocs for 2017 During the last week of December, 2016 GSoC Team started preparing the org application to apply for GSoC 2017 program. Documentation for JGSoC 2017 was updated and a whole bunch of new documents were added on JDocs, see the references here Mentors and Projects Selected GSoC team did a post on CJO portal to get ideas from the community, see here. Answers of the idea’s collection is available...

Read more: Team Report Updated, Jan- April 2017

Bi-weekly report from Legal and Finance

By Soren Jensen on 2017-04-24 08:26 in Legal & Financial

Sorry I am late with this bi-weekly report. As you will see there is not much to report. Capital Team We have not met since Joe took over as team leader but have a meeting tomorrow April 25th We have been discussing in Glip about migrating the ad server (in the long term) to Double Click for Publishers We have sold a new community sponsorship, but they had a hard time paying, but it has been solved. Not sure if payment has been recieved yet. Conflict Resolution Team Looking for...

Read more: Bi-weekly report from Legal and Finance

Marketing & Communication Department Report

By Radek Suski on 2017-04-23 10:16 in Marketing & Communication

Marketing Working Group Strategic Marketing (Parth) Continued work on the ‘Persona’ identity project Tactical Marketing (Chris) Organizing and testing new on-boarding process for new Marketing Team members Preparing new marketing items related to open marketing position Updating marketing team communications systems (team emails, volunteers portal, etc.) Call for new members has been published Joomla! 3.7 Release Team...

Read more: Marketing & Communication Department Report

18th April 2017 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2017-04-18 22:25 in User Groups Team

In attendance:Brian RonnowJenn GressBruce ValleRown Hoskyns-Abrahall Apologies:Djamel KherbiNo shows:Eric Lamy At last word Eric is 43% through translating Rules and Terms on docs to French. Bruce is 84% through translating Rules and Terms to Spanish. We are going to be taking a look at some older docs done by Ruth and Eoin and see what we want to move forward with or ditch. Reviewed volunteer description to make it very blunt as to the activity required by members of the JUG Team so that...

Read more: 18th April 2017 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - April 13, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-18 18:22 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc. Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting The Full Board of Directors and Officers of Open Source Matters, Inc. meets bi-weekly on Thursdays at 17.00 UTC. Date: April 13, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 30 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Radek Suski...

Read more: OSM, Inc - Full Board Meeting - April 13, 2017

Certification Steering Meeting - April 18, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-18 12:23 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Certification Steering Group meets every Tuesday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on April 18, 2017 on Glip.   Team members In attendance: Stefanie Thielman, Patrick Jungbluth, Luca Marzo, Sam Suresh, Richard van Tilborg, Oscar Ortiz, Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen. Absents: Michael Snoeren, Claudia Weber-Lenck. Discussion Outline Operation Team reported Work on the Workflow Extension has been on-hold during last week. All the applications have been...

Read more: Certification Steering Meeting - April 18, 2017

Transition Team officially disbanded

By Kenneth Crowder on 2017-04-13 18:00 in Transition Team

Today at 1:23PM Eastern, the Open Source Matters Board of Directors voted to officially disbanded the Joomla Transition Team.

Read more: Transition Team officially disbanded

Certification Steering Meeting - April 11, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-04-11 12:29 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Steering team meets weekly on Tuesday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on April 11, 2017 on Glip.   Team members In attendance: Luca Marzo, Sam Suresh, Richard van Tilborg, Oscar Ortiz Absents: Stefanie Thielmann, Patrick Jungbluth, Claudia Weber-Lenck, Chris Keen, Andrea Gentil, Michael Snoeren. Discussion Outline Operation Team reported Fixed issue with JCP Contracts. The new president is in place. This week Luca and Patrick will start arranging the...

Read more: Certification Steering Meeting - April 11, 2017

JED Team Meeting - April 8, 2017

By Anibal Sanchez on 2017-04-08 18:30 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Aleksander Kuczek, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Miron Savan and Paul Franklin. Absent: Dénes Székely, Daniel Dubois, Mark Lee, Markus Bopp, Martin Mueller and Sotiris Katsaniotis JED Homepage 2017 has been released Following the initial release, we are working on the second phase: The new homepage has been...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - April 8, 2017

Marketing & Communication Leadership Meeting 04/2017

By Radek Suski on 2017-04-08 11:22 in Marketing & Communication

Meeting April 20177 April 2017 @ 16:00 UTC Attendees Radek Suski (Department Coordinator) Chris Paschen (Marketing Team Leader) Sandra Thevenet (Community Translation Assistant Team Leader) Alison Meeks (Social Media Assistant Team Leader) Not in attendance Marc-Antoine Thevenet (Community Translation Team Leader) Sigrid Suski (Social Media Team Leader) Parth Lawate (Marketing Assistant Team Leader)     Chris Paschen is going to write a call for new members for marketing...

Read more: Marketing & Communication Leadership Meeting 04/2017

Looking for volunteers

By Soren Jensen on 2017-04-07 10:04 in Legal Working Group

No meeting has been held. The Legal Working Group is looking for volunteers with Legal experience. 

Read more: Looking for volunteers

No meeting, attending Hosting Con

By Soren Jensen on 2017-04-07 09:58 in Capital Team

The team has not had a meeting this bi-week period. We have just transitioned in Joe Sonne as the new Team Lead and sevel members are attending HostingCon. We have a new community sponsor that needs invoicing Brian Teeman has made an introduction with a large international IT company that is interested in a partnership. Will be discussed in next meeting

Read more: No meeting, attending Hosting Con

Transition Team comes to a close...

By Kenneth Crowder on 2017-04-07 00:53 in Transition Team

Today, the Transition Team sent the following letter to the newly elected Open Source Matters Board of Directors, requesting that the Transition Team be dissolved at their next board meeting. Thank you everyone for your patience during this process. ----   April 6th, 2017 Open Source Matters Board,   On March 24th, a public notice stating the results of the new Open Source Matters Board of Directors was posted on the Community...

Read more: Transition Team comes to a close...

JDocs Report - April 6th, 2017

By Sandra Decoux on 2017-04-06 22:06 in Documentation Team

The Documentation requires a daily and never ending work.   Summary for the work achieved or in progress for the last few weeks Help Screens Martijn is doing an amazing job in updating/reviewing the 3.7 help screens MAT managed the creation of all missing Help Screens to avoid errors in the backend. These need to be fulfilled. Sandra created all help screens for multilingual associations component and custom fields and started to complete them. But they are far from...

Read more: JDocs Report - April 6th, 2017

Marketing Team Report - April 6, 2017

By Parth Lawate on 2017-04-06 17:41 in Marketing Team

  The marketing team started the year with new leadership (Chris Paschen elected Team Leader) and a very small team of active contributors. A significant portion of the time since then has been focused on two main areas - establishing a functional and strategic marketing team culture and the marketing of the new Joomla! 3.7 release.   The 3.7 release team has been headed up by Sandra Thevenet. Sandra has done a great job of not only leading the team but also doing a significant...

Read more: Marketing Team Report - April 6, 2017