15th Meeting of the Joomla Automated Testing working Group

By Javier Gomez on 2015-10-26 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

wednesday 21th of October   Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Tito Alvarez, Puneet Kala, Milton Bryant, Yves Hoppe,  Roland Dalmulder, David Jardin, Michael Babker, Niels Braczek, Robert Deutz Absent:  Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Hervé Boinnard, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar,...   Previous meeting minutes:...

Read more: 15th Meeting of the Joomla Automated Testing working Group

Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 22 October, 2015

By Luca Marzo on 2015-10-22 14:08 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operation Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 2:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on October 22nd, 2015 on Glip. Team members Presents: Patrick Jungbluth, Andre Dreier (partly), Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Pablo Pantoja, Arjen Schrijvers, Hector Mansilla, Chris Keen (partly), Deb Cinkus Absents: Anja Hage, Pamir Masharul Tasbeeh Discussion Outline This is the fourth team report we publish on the volunteers portal. Patrick reported news from the last Steering...

Read more: Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 22 October, 2015

20 October 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-10-20 18:08 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressRuth CheeselyDuke SpeerHelvecio da SilvaAlejandro PascoliDjamel Kherbi Absent: Eric LamySaurabh ShahSon KoralBruce ValleRowan Hoskyns-AbrahallWim MaryneesMichelle Bisson Items discussed: 1. JUG Directory redesign: Helvecio worked on the layout for the listing pages. They look fabulous and he sent the HTML to Rowan to work with. That's the next action item is for Rowan to work on them. 2. Updated the internal doc on how to review listings that are submitted by...

Read more: 20 October 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 15 October, 2015

By Luca Marzo on 2015-10-15 13:47 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operation Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 2:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on October 15th, 2015 on Glip. Team members Presents: Patrick Jungbluth, Andre Dreier, Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Pablo Pantoja, Arjen Schrijvers Absents: Anja Hage, Pamir Masharul Tasbeeh, Chris Keen, Deb Cinkus, Hector Mansilla Discussion Outline This is the third team report we publish on the volunteers portal. Patrick reported news from the last Steering...

Read more: Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 15 October, 2015

Transition Team Meeting 1 Notes - 2015-10-08

By Thomas Baker on 2015-10-09 00:00 in Transition Team

Transition Team - OCT 8 '15 Meeting Notes Meeting started 20:05 UTC Present TJ Baker (Meeting Leader) George Wilson Helvecio da Silva Ian MacMillan Jon Neubauer Ken Crowder Ryan Ozimek (joined later)   Topics Discussed (Our Agenda) Go through the structure document together as a team, at least once, to make sure we are all on the same page as to what exactly we are implementing. [JN] Each of us should go through the document and add to...

Read more: Transition Team Meeting 1 Notes - 2015-10-08

Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 08 October, 2015

By Luca Marzo on 2015-10-08 00:00 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operation Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 2:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on October 8th, 2015 on Glip. Team members Presents: Patrick Jungbluth, Andre Dreier, Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Hector Mansilla, Arjen Schrijvers, Pablo Pantoja, Deb Cinkus Absents: Anja Hage, Pamir Masharul Tasbeeh, Chris Keen. Discussion Outline This is the second team report we publish on the volunteers portal. Patrick reported that the web server for Certification system will...

Read more: Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 08 October, 2015

6 October 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-10-06 20:26 in User Groups Team

In attendance:Jenn GressRuth CheesleyHelvecio da SilvaEric LamyDjamel Kherbi Apologies:Brian Ronnow No show:Bruce ValleAlejandro PascoliSaurabh ShahSon KoralWim Marynees 1. New JUG Directory: First draft of ux has gone from Helvecio to Rowan. Waiting on report and more to be done by next week/meeting. 2. TOS had a few changes. Ruth to submit to the CLT. 3. FAQs and Rules for Submission has been consolidated and revised a lot. Team to review and once complete posted. 4. Helvecio to do an...

Read more: 6 October 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Marketing Report October 2015

By Mike Veeckmans on 2015-10-02 08:25 in Marketing Team

A update on the MWG can be found at : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2dzNSPTavfXB-XyXhsBjDmaVU_uDU7L53RNTfRwEnE/

Read more: Marketing Report October 2015

Joomla!4 archtecture minutes of meeting 2015/09/30

By Marco Dings on 2015-10-01 00:00 in Joomla X Architecture

Minutes of meeting by : George wilson Attending: George Wilson, Robert Deutz, Robert Deutz, Nicholas Dionysopoulos, Allon Moritz, Marco Dings Subject of Discussion: 1. Discussion of the first draft of the ORM at https://github.com/nibralab/joomla-architecture . Several issues have been raised (as to be expected for a new draft) most importantly eager loading. 2. Discussion of the new renderer system with JLayouts including Blade and Twig and how things will integrate with JForms 3....

Read more: Joomla!4 archtecture minutes of meeting 2015/09/30

Transition Team Hand-over Meeting

By Jon Neubauer on 2015-10-01 00:00 in Transition Team

Time: 1500 EST 30 September 2015 Participants: Jon Neubauer, Ryan Ozimek, Sarah Watz, Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen, George Wilson, Sander Potjer, TJ Baker, Ian MacMillan, Ken Crowder, Guillermo Bravo, Marijke Stuivenberg, Helvecio da Silva, Peter Bui Meeting Minutes Roll call taken. Ryan offers to lead the meeting. Jon offers to take notes. Summary of Structure Proposal Ronni summarizes the role of the transition team     implement the new approved structure in a...

Read more:  Transition Team Hand-over Meeting

Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 01 October, 2015

By Luca Marzo on 2015-10-01 00:00 in Certification Operations Team

The Joomla! Certification Operation Team (COT) meets every Thursday at 2:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on October 1st, 2015 on Glip. Team members Presents: Patrick Jungbluth, Andre Dreier, Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Chris Keen, Pablo Pantoja Absents: Deb Cinkus, Anja Hage, Pamir Masharul Tasbeeh, Hector Mansilla, Arjen Schrijvers, Johan van der Velde Discussion Outline This is the first team report we publish on the volunteers portal. The complete Certification Team few days...

Read more: Certification Operation Team - Meeting Notes - 01 October, 2015

JED Team Meeting Notes - 25 September, 2015

By Tessa Mero on 2015-09-25 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

  The Joomla! Extensions Directory Team (JED) Team meets the last Friday of every month at 6:00 AM PDT. This meeting was held on September 25th, 2015 on Glip.   Team Members Present: Tessa Mero, Matthew Baylor, Keith Daudt, Luca Marzo, Amiel Horowitz, Jaz Parkyn, Markuss Bopp, Hugh Douglas Smith, Eyvonne Myers, Rodrigo Spillere, Daniel Dimitrov Excused Absences: Anibal Sanchez, Mark Smeed, Mark Lee, Angelos Hadjiphillipou, Valentin Garcia, Renea Leathers, Paul...

Read more: JED Team Meeting Notes - 25 September, 2015

14th Meeting Automated Testing Working Group

By Puneet Kala on 2015-09-23 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

14th Meeting for the Automated Testing Working Group.Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Niels Braczek, Yves Hoppe, Kshitij Sharma, Puneet Kala, Tito, David Jardin, Roland Dalmulder, Michael Babker.Absent:  Milton Bryant,Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Hervé Boinnard, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar. Topics Covered in the Meeting:   ## Welcome New Members Tito and Ryan are the two new members in the...

Read more: 14th Meeting Automated Testing Working Group

1 September 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-09-22 00:00 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressSaurabh ShahEric LamyAlejandro PascoliRowan Hoskyns-AbrahallBruce ValleDjamel Kherbi 1. Status of Directory is that Helvecio is working on a design this week2. TOS, FAQ, Rules for Submission checking over - not done yet.3. Discussed JWC Joomla in Action SWAG - Rowan to check pricing for some product.4. Discussed status of pending listings5. Discussed time frames on processing new listings and updated listings to come up with ideas to assign them or work on them in a...

Read more: 1 September 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

15 September 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-09-22 00:00 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressRuth CheesleyHelvecio da SilvaEric LamySon KoralAlejandro PascoliDjamel KherbiBruce Valle 1. Helvecio is behind on his work on the directory design. Hoping to do this week. 2. TOS, FAQ, Rules for Submission - still behind and not done. 3. JWC Swag - it was decided that focusing on getting new JUGs created during JWC is futile. Having swag for them isn't worth it. Ruth wanted to do something different perhaps with existing organisers or for people that join a JUG....

Read more: 15 September 2015 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

PLT Summit september 2015 Meeting minutes

By Marco Dings on 2015-09-22 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

PLT Meeting 20 September 2015 at Yootheme office in Hamburg, Germany   Present: Robert, George (partly), Viktor, Chris, Marco, Roland   Absent: Javier, Jessica, Tessa, Tom, Thomas, George (partly)   Agenda     Glip tasksIf automatic labels should be applied to all trackers or just to the tracker where enabled Robo.li release tools Status of Joomla 3.5 Goals and objectives for 2016 Budget for 2016 downloads.joomla.orgLanguage PackagesSSL...

Read more: PLT Summit september 2015 Meeting minutes

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - September 9th

By Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen on 2015-09-09 20:58 in Structure Team

Present: Marijke Stuivenberg, Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen, George Wilson, Sarah Watz   All the candidates have been sent an email with the result of the vote. The leadership will get notified privately tomorrow of the successful candidates. From the 10th of September to the 17th of September the 3 LT's (CLT, PLT & OSM) will elect 1 member each to join the Transition Team. September 20th a public blogpost will be made on the leadership blog containing the...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - September 9th

J4UX Meeting Notes - Aug 25, 2015

By Crystal Harris on 2015-09-03 01:31 in User Experience Team

In attendance: Crystal Harris Cliff Pfeifer Lucas Fairclough Jessica Dunbar Marco Dings George Wilson Crystal is taking notes.   Athens sprint update Will likely only have a few people going to Athens for joint sprint with J4 architecture group. Rest can remote in. Dates: October 10-12 Attendees: TBD, pending budget approval   Personas Update - Lucas Interviewed 3 people, all of whom have been awesome and helpful Started new templates for additional...

Read more: J4UX Meeting Notes - Aug 25, 2015

Joomla! 4 architecture sprint Odense ( DK )

By Marco Dings on 2015-09-02 00:00 in Joomla X Architecture

Odense (DK), fri 2015-07-10 - 2015-07-12   Attendance name   status andrew eddie   virtual-parttime chris davenport   attending george wilson   attending herman peeren   attending marco dings   attending michael babker   virtual nicholas dionysopoulos   attending niels braczek   attending robert deutz   not Generics As we are divide up in the most...

Read more: Joomla! 4 architecture sprint Odense ( DK )

Structural Team Meeting Minutes

By Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen on 2015-08-30 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Sarah, Ronni, Sander, Marijke Missing: Alice, Chris, Pete, George   Out of the 10 nominees that where asked to confirm their interest in being part of the Transition Team 9 responded positively. The Stucture Team has prepared the required information and documentation for the vote in Leadership on which 6 members out of the 9 candidates that will be elected for the Transition Team. Once the Leadership Teams has elected the 6 Transition Team members from the community the 3...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes

JED Team Meeting Notes - 28 August 2015

By Tessa Mero on 2015-08-28 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

  The Joomla! Extensions Directory Team (JED) Team meets the last Friday of every month at 6:00 AM PDT. This meeting was held on August 28th, 2015 on Glip.   Team Members Present: Tessa Mero, Matthew Baylor, Luca Marzo, Jaz Parkyn Absent: Ryan Bernstein, Claire Mandville, Keith Daudt, Amiel Horowitz, Anibal Sanchez, Mark Smeed, Markus Bopp, Mark Lee, Angelos Hadjiphillipou, Valentin Garcia, Renea Leathers, Paul Franklin, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Eyvonne Myers, Rodrigo...

Read more: JED Team Meeting Notes - 28 August 2015

Publication of style guide

By Brian Teeman on 2015-08-26 12:46 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

The en-GB style guide has now been published and can be found at http://developer.joomla.org   Pull Requests etc since the last report standardise on folder - Merged PR Simplify text and Elminitate Redundancy for JLIB_RULES_SETTING_NOTES - Merged PR Batch Processing Instructions - Merged PR Toggle All Selection - menu assignment - Merged PR Rename Custom Html module to custom - Pending PR Viewlevel Access - Consistency Check - In Progress  

Read more: Publication of style guide

Joomla 4 UX Kickoff Meeting

By Crystal Harris on 2015-08-25 16:31 in User Experience Team

Jess is going to take notes.   Team intros - who you are and where you are from Joomla! 4 Goals Marco - Joomla! 4 kick off happened at JAB from a technical perspective. UX is a very important piece of Joomla! 4. Improved UX can increase market share. Architecture sprint happened - brief overview of ideas from sprint George wants to note that this is a list of ideas from a technical perspective - if the UX team recommends something else based on our findings it...

Read more: Joomla 4 UX Kickoff Meeting

18th August 2015 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-08-23 20:33 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressAlejandro PascoliHelvecio da SilvaRowan Hoskyns AbrahallBruce Valle We talked about: 1. The directory: Next steps for Rowan and Helvecio to begin laying it out. 2. Pending listings: Didn't get any new updates since we're just waiting to hear from people on things they need to change and be reviewed again. 3. Doing listings/being involved: I brought up a couple of things that I thought might help team members to be more timely in processing new and updated...

Read more: 18th August 2015 - JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Framework v2 Status Update

By Michael Babker on 2015-08-22 15:00 in Framework Team

This serves as a generalized update on the progress of Framework version 2. PHP Support All Framework v2 packages no longer allow unit test failures on PHP 7.  Our packages have tested stable throughout the alpha and beta releases and as such all future contributions will not allow test failures to be introduced for PHP 7. For minimum supported PHP versions, the Session package has dropped support for PHP 5.3.  There are open pull requests which affect the minimum supported...

Read more: Framework v2 Status Update

CLT Meeting Minutes - August 2015

By Ruth Cheesley on 2015-08-21 00:00 in Community Leadership Team

Participants: Ruth Cheesley, Dianne Henning, Peter Bui, Sander Potjer, David Jardin Absent: Guillermo Bravo, Alice Grevet Abbreviation Guide: CLT = Community Leadership Team http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the-... -team.html JED = Joomla Extensions Directory http://extensions.joomla.org/ JRD = Joomla Resources Directory http://resources.joomla.org/ JAB = JandBeyond Conference http://jandbeyond.org/ JCM = Joomla Community Magazine...

Read more: CLT Meeting Minutes - August 2015

Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

By Martijn Boomsma on 2015-08-20 14:38 in Finance Team

Please see here for the minutes of the last Finance Team meeting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t44SRNTlgnjtWWGQVR4ry_Oq2VJBzPEqJEe3ynTPxwQ/edit?usp=sharing

Read more: Minutes 2015-08-19 - FiT meeting

Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

By Sander Potjer on 2015-08-19 00:00 in Structure Team

Present: Sarah, Ronni, Sander, Marijke, GeorgeMissing: Alice, Chris, Pete The call for the Transition Team nominees closed on July 31. We have received a total of 18 nominations, for 10 unique persons. Thanks to all that send in nominations. The Stucture Team debated and updated the Transition Team process. Our next actions are: Transition Team Nominees Confirm all nominees by mailing them info Friday the 21st August. Ask the nominees to fill out a 10 line motivation and a picture for...

Read more: Structural Team Meeting Minutes - August 19, 2015

August meeting notes

By Claire Mandville on 2015-08-13 00:00 in Vulnerable Extensions List Team

August Meeting discussion points. Adding ssl certificate to vel site, showing our reporters that we take security seriously DNS SPF and DKIM records for uplifting security and reliability of our emails VEL internal extension development Update on JIRA integration VEL API - data format suggestion: crediting reporters of vulnerabilities in listings, a  "responsible developers list" or "developer responsibility level" was also discussed.  

Read more: August meeting notes

New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

By Peter Bui on 2015-08-06 22:40 in Joomla Accessibility Team

Currently there are several working groups that are building new websites for the Joomla project including, the Joomla! Site Showcase (JSS) and the Joomla! Community Magazine (JCM). A few accessibility testers have expressed interests in giving feedback and testing for these two websites when they're on testing development servers ready for accessibility testing. The working groups are looking at getting the test environments ready in August for feedback and testing.

Read more: New Websites Almost Ready for Testing

4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-08-04 22:28 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressRuth CheesleyAlejandro PascoliBruce ValleHelvecio da Silva JUG Directory Migration Update: Updated group as to where the JUG Directory is at. Need to test functionality. Need meetup API/ID to test and twitter. All in progress. Will address a couple of potential new members this week [jenn]. Got up to date on what was happening with pending listings. Most are waiting on the JUGs to respond. Getting on top of these. Alejandro and Bruce to work with a new one...

Read more: 4 August 2015 - Meeting Notes

13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-24 16:01 in Automated Testing Team

13th Meeting for Automated Testing working Group,   wednesday 22th of July   Meeting was attended by: Javier Gomez, Michael Babker, Niels Braczek, Robert Deutz, Yves Hoppe, Absent: Puneet Kala, David Jardin, Milton Bryant,Tristan Bailey, Viktor Vogel, Michiel Verhoef, Hervé Boinnard, Kshitij Sharma, Jack Raknailuang, Valerie Isaksen, Dalpat Singh, Victor Escobar, Roland Dalmulder,   Previous meeting report:...

Read more: 13th Automated Testing Working Group Meeting

Progress on Stage 2 of updates

By Brian Teeman on 2015-07-22 17:29 in en-GB User Interface Text Team

In the last few weeks we have made a lot of progress including (but not limited to) Remove Manager and standardise on Options - Merged PR Stop using the abbreviation admin - Merged PR replace click with select - Merged PR Show Hide - Merged PR standardise on folder - Pending PR Simplify text and Elminitate Redundancy for JLIB_RULES_SETTING_NOTES - Pending PR Viewlevel Access - Consistency Check - In Progress Batch Processing Instructions - In Progress   In addition it...

Read more: Progress on Stage 2 of updates

PBF Event JDayMN15

By Tessa Mero on 2015-07-22 06:57 in Production Leadership Team

On July 19th, 2015, a Pizza, Bugs, and Fun (PBF) event was organized at JDay Minnesota 2015. Although it was planned and announced late, we still had an attendance of 10 people. Jessica Dunbar and I spent the time training each person on the patch testing process. 7 out of 10 of the members were brand new to the process, and 1 just getting back into it again.   One of the members even spoke highly about how much she loved the process and was telling others about it.   As we...

Read more: PBF Event JDayMN15

21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-21 00:00 in User Groups Team

In Attendance: Jenn Gress I was alone so I'll summarise what I went over with myself. 1. I did speak with Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall about the JUG Directory in process. Things are coming along well. We didn't get to talk about everything and had to table our discussion for the time being. Will report more after the next meeting (4 August 2015). 2. Italy: Italy is coming along nicely. Since the last meeting I've managed to approve sixteen JUGs in Italy. Three others were combined into other...

Read more: 21 July 2015 JUG Meeting Minutes

PLT July 2015 Meeting report

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-13 08:57 in Production Leadership Team

PLT meeting 6th July   # Status of Joomla 3.4.x Joomla 3.4.3 release (http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5590-joomla-3-4-3-released.html ) seems to have been pretty successful. We will likely look to make a 3.4.4 before 3.5 alpha and depending on timelines for 3.5 a 3.4.5 release.   # Status of Joomla 3.5 We need Hannes (https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pulls/hackwar) to update his final Pull Request with the router improvements and after that we need to...

Read more: PLT July 2015 Meeting report

7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-07-09 04:27 in User Groups Team

In attendance: JennSaurabhAlejandroBrianEric Brian, Eric, and Wim were all taken through their first training session to work pending listings since the prior meeting in June. Jenn still to get in touch with Son & Bruce for training. Considered another new member. Tabled until next meeting when Ruth can update us on what needs to happen with revised FAQs and TOSs and an update on the JUG Directory project/migration. We talked about the pending listings, of which there are TONS of...

Read more: 7 July 2015 - Meeting Minutes

12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

By Javier Gomez on 2015-07-01 00:00 in Automated Testing Team

Topics covered: Testing Code Sprint The PLT has considered to organise a Code Sprint for Testing like last year (see http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html).  Probably will happen in October, more information to be shared soon in the team.   Status of System Tests, and updates on the GSOC Project (Kshitij & Puneet) Issue: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/6499 Puneet, Kshitij and Javier needs to review:...

Read more: 12th Meeting of Automated Testing Working Group

Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

By Jessica Dunbar on 2015-06-29 00:00 in Production Leadership Team

http://developer.joomla.org/news/616-meeting-notes-from-jab-plt-summit-2015.html

Read more: Meeting Notes from JAB PLT Summit 2015

16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2015-06-18 18:24 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Jenn GressEric LamyAlejandro Pascoli We discussed the new applicants for the JUG Team and the final votes and decided to invite four of the five to the JUG Team. The fifth is new to Joomla and will be connected with a local JUG and the docs team to potentially help there and maybe in the future become a JUG Team member when he has more experience with JUGs and Joomla. We also discussed how to proceed getting the Organiser mailing list through mailchimp updated and how to...

Read more: 16 June 2015 Meeting Minutes