By Robert Deutz on 2022-06-13 16:59 in CMS Maintenance Team

Scheduled duration: 60min

Duration: 60min

Participants: Allon Moritz (Team Member), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Member), Fedir Zinchuk (Team Member), Franciska Perisa (Release Lead 4.2), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 5.0), Richard Fath (Team Member), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Roland Dalmulder (Release Lead 4.2)


Absent: Benjamin Trenkle (Release Lead 4.1), David Jardin (Security Team Liaison), George Wilson (Team Member), Hannes Papenberg (Automated Testing Team Liaison), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Team Member), Niels Braczek (Release Lead 5.0), Quy Ton (Team Member), Sigrid Gramlinger (CMS Release Team Liaison), Thomas Hunziker (Team Member), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10), Tuan Pham Ngoc (Team Member), Viviana Menzel (Team Member)


Meeting Results

Status faster PR’ builds [Allon]

Hannes, Robert and Harald are working to move our system tests to cypress. It works locally but we are having problems with the drone setup. There is an error in the docker image.We expect that system tests will run faster, but more importantly is that writing of the tests is much easier. 


Handling of abandoned PR’s decision skipped from last meeting [Allon]

Allon will make a proposal for a team vote on how to handle the situation.


PHP 8.1 compatibility in 3.x

We want to backport changes we have for 4.x back to 3.x if possible.


PR’s with changes in libraries should add unit tests when the author can do them [Allon]

This would be great, but we are missing some documentation on how to write unit tests. After the move to cypress we will have a closer look at this.


Use whenever possible the framework packages in PR’s [Allon]

This is how it should be. Can be problematic in some cases and leads to bigger changes than a PR address. In this discussion we talked about depreciated stuff we have. Often we are still using deprecated functions in our own code, this gives a bad example for other developers. An idea could be that we as a team take one component/module/plugin and remove deprecated functions to make the clean.


PRs from Nik with enhancements for the Joomla Update component (#37911 and #38002) and the refactored WebAuthn #37910: Do they fall under the feature freeze in the 4.2 beta phase? [Richard]

We are merging this PRs when they are ready for beta2.


Code sprint team [Robert]

Robert will make a doodle to find a date.


Dependency update when not security related in minors only as this one

It depends on the type of update, for the future we are going to merge security updates also in patch releases any other updates should go into a minor release before beta is released.


Other meeting time proposal, also Wednesday but at 21 o’clock

We will try at the next meeting.


PSR-12 status? [Roland]

Harald is working on this, but there are still some unsolved problems.