CMS Release Team Meeting September 7, 2022
Wed, Sept 07, 2022, UTC 18:00
Duration: 90 Minutes
Olivier, Claudia, Jenn, Franciska, Harald, Christiane, Stefan, Benjamin, Sigrid, SD, Phil
EOS Plugin for next version
Jenn: messaging for 4.4 (about J5). We will talk about it again in 6 weeks.
- 3.10 is in the security only mode and will only get security updates for another year.
- For some PRs which are RTC it is hard to decide if they should go into 4.2. Will ask for opinions and tests in Release and Maintenance Channels
- Meet ‘Bora’, our new release name.
- Going around all GSoC projects to get feedback and meet students and mentors.
- Planning on involving the JXT and accessibility teams whenever PRs require it. Some PRs are already being discussed.
- Temporary release name is “Schnitzel”
- Minimum Version pump of php 8.1 is done
- We have new languages -Yeah!
- Welcome Serbian Latin, Afrikaans and Hebrew (very soon).
- Added Belarusian last week to crowdin
- Idea of organizing an online translation sprint/event for migrating languages from J3 to J4
- Who is checking the release checksheet?
At the moment only testers are checking the sheet. If you have questions, comments, notes, always post to the adequate channels.
- Post release process: Sigrid and Stefan will create a finalized version next week. This version will be discussed and decided on with release managers. We want to have it ready for the next release.
- Testing status: Sigrid and Claudia will start to create a process to bring new testers for RC versions. If you want to join, please let us know.
Next CMS Release team meeting is scheduled for Wed. Sept 28, 18:00 UTC