GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - July 03, 2019
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on July 03, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Roland Dalmulder, Sander Potjer, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos.
- Alkaios shared with the team the spreadsheet where any cookie that is installed by an advertising related vendor should be evaluated to be moved to the advertising cookie category either if the role of this specific cookie is only performance related.
- Team made a discussion regarding the challenging area of cookie compliance and how the Joomla Project should better categorize the cookies found on properties. As expected everyone is waiting ePrivacy to be published in order to better understand how to manage cookies and especially analytics related cookies. For the moment a very final spreadsheet with all the categorization is ready and the final update of the cookie script should be done this month.
- The next steps are Alkaios to commit the changes of the cookies script on GitHub and Sander to make a PR regarding the cookie script in the template GitHub repository.
- Luca to raise the age restriction issue to the OSM/Joomla Project board members.
- Sander and Roland to continue bug fixing or fine-tuning of the SSO/IdMS based on anything pending issue on GitHub. The next step after everything will be ready regarding the pending tasks, is that the team will work together with the Operations Department and the Webmasters Team in particular, to prioritize the adoption of the SSO and Identity Management Systems across the Joomla.org properties.
Join the Compliance Team
The Joomla Compliance Team is an active and dynamic team that is currently get involved in several different tasks that include legal compliance, privacy related reports, design thinking, development, document reviews and decision making, privacy consultancy, Cross-CMS collaborative activities and more. The Joomla Compliance Team is looking for new volunteers.
Lawyers, people with legal/compliance background, GDPR/data protection experts and developers are more than welcome to join the team. Please get in touch with Achilleas Papageorgiou email@example.com
Next meeting will take place on July 10, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
Meeting ends after 100 minutes.