GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - October 03, 2018
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on October 3, 2018 at 14.30 UTC on Glip
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Sander Potjer, Roland Dalmulder, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos, Yves Hoppe.
- The team discussed about the functional part of CIVIC cookie solution, the texts and its UI. Achilleas, Alkaios, Sandra and Luca are working on that. The team was provided with an update according to service’s functionalities by a first demo installation.
- Sander and Roland shared an update according to the SSO & DMS, and will proceed on the final debugging and deployment for test purposes. A demo will be launched for the team to be tested very soon.
- Achilleas shared with the team a spreadsheet regarding the priority management of the SSO/DMS implementation. Sander and Roland to collaborate with Sandra, Luca and Yves on the priority management subtask.
- Luca shared an update on the Backup Policy task. The team is, still, waiting from additional Webmasters to complete the Backup Policy form, so it could be possible to figure out the current situation.
- The team discussed the open issue regarding the presentation on the ‘Thank you’ pages of volunteers’ names that contributing on third party services, without their explicit consent. The team discussed about all the available opt-in possibilities or legal basis existence of each user group. The team concluded to a suggested solution that it is believed to be reasonable and acceptable. The proposed solution is expected to be implemented on the upcoming Joomla 3.9 Thank you page.
Join the Compliance Team
The Joomla Compliance Team is looking for new volunteers.
Lawyers, people with legal/compliance background, GDPR/data protection experts and developers are more than welcome to join the team. Please get in touch with Achilleas Papageorgiou firstname.lastname@example.org
Next meeting will take place on October 10, 2018 at 14.30 UTC on Glip.
Meeting ends after 115 minutes.