GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - January 23, 2019
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on January 23, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Yves Hoppe, Roland Dalmulder, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos.
Apologies: Sander Potjer, Reino Koho
- Sander shared an update of their work with Roland on the SSO and the DMS. Lately the team focused on technical issues and improvements such as the optimization of the notification procedure of only the sites that have active user-provided consents for. As a result they avoid the big amount of requests and the delay during the saving process of a profile. The team also test the volunteers portal connection and noticed that profiles with revoked consents were still active and not anonymized. After a research for a solution the team conclude to develop a "queue manager" that was originally scheduled for phase 2. The results are focusing to the establishment of an accurate connection between the identity platform and the client sites, and also be sure that data is being anonymized after revoking a consent (within a timeframe of something like 2 minutes).
- Achilleas shared with the team the results of the first meetings with Kleanthis Dellios regarding the Incident Response Plan. Achilleas, Luca and Kleanthis have collaborated the previous week in order to produce a first structure based on the needs of the task, that is an Incident Response Policy and an Incident Response Plan.
- Reino the previous week has started organizing the structure of his upcoming article for the Joomla Community Magazine (JCM) regarding Compliance under the title ‘Data Minimization’. Achileas to review and provide any helpful comments or resources.
- Luca to perform the final review to the Backup Policy task in order to be shared with the Webmasters team.
- A short discussion was made by the team regarding any new updates at the DPAs signage of the third parties.
- The team discussed some of the pending and future tasks and ways to complete them more efficiently.
Join the Compliance Team
The Joomla Compliance Team is looking for new volunteers.
Lawyers, people with legal/compliance background, GDPR/data protection experts and developers are more than welcome to join the team. Please get in touch with Achilleas Papageorgiou firstname.lastname@example.org
Next meeting will take place on January 30, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
Meeting ends after 60 minutes.