GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - March 27, 2019
This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on March 27, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Roland Dalmulder, Sander Potjer, Alkaios Anagnostopoulos.
- Sander thank the team for the first feedback on their work with Roland and shared with the team the need for more testing of the SSO/DMS demo installation. Sander and Roland will work on the first issues that were opened through the first round of tests and soon will extend the testing team to Webmasters.
- The team discussed some of the flows of the SSO and the consent collection and any potential improvements on that.
- The updated work of Kleanthis on the Incident Response Policy and Plan was shared with the team. The team was very glad to see the great progress that Kleanthis had on this task. Sandra provided some first comments on the doc. Luca, also, to make a full review for additional comments and guidance.
- The previous week Luca, Alkaios and Achilleas had the chance to meet in Athens, Greece, as they participated in the JoomlaTalks 2019 event that the Joomla! Greek Users Community organized. Achilleas and Alkaios had a presentation regarding compliance under the title: Privacy: a fundamental feature in web application development (Click here to view the slides). It was a great experience with a lot of interest by the participants, interaction with questions and a lot of fun.
- Achilleas shared with the team some updates and results by their involvement with Luca as members of the Cross-CMS Privacy Initiative were they collaborate with members of the privacy teams of Drupal, WordPress and Umbraco CMS. The team discussed on the V1. of an audit template that could be used by developers to help their efforts for compliance and that can be found at: https://github.com/joomla/cross-cms-compliance/blob/master/audit-your-software-extension.md. The possibility of the creation of a useful guidance for Joomla! Extension developers was discussed and Sandra suggested that this work could be hosted on JDocs. Several ideas were shared by Luca and Sandra towards that direction.
Join the Compliance Team
The Joomla Compliance Team is looking for new volunteers.
Lawyers, people with legal/compliance background, GDPR/data protection experts and developers are more than welcome to join the team. Please get in touch with Achilleas Papageorgiou firstname.lastname@example.org
Next meeting will take place on April 03, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.
Meeting ends after 75 minutes.