Contributor Agreement Working Group Meeting #2
Date: Aug 24th, 2017 - 14:30-15:00 UTC
Total time of meeting: 30 minutes.
Daliah Saper, Yves Hoppe, Aleksander Kuczek
Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Robert Jacobi
The team has discussed the reasons why Joomla needs a contributor agreement provided by the Board. The team has agreed that we are looking for the easiest possible solution that will cover the areas indicated by the Board.
The team has proposed the following solution:
- Code and other contributions kept in repositories. Enforcing the Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO) on all Pull Requests to all Joomla GitHub repositories. This can be done with https://github.com/apps/dco. According to lawyers in the team, the DCO sign-off is sufficient to accept these Pull Request without any additional formalities.
- All other contributions. Adding consent to Joomla Contributor Agreement (JCA) as part of the registration process at Joomla Volunteers Portal (potentially joint check box with accepting the Code of Conduct).
- Code of Conduct. Adding consent to Code of Conduct (CoC) as part of the registration process at Joomla Volunteers Portal (potentially joint check box with accepting the code of conduct).
- Future changes in JCA or CoC will be notified to volunteers, but will not require consent (opt-out).
- Talking with Production department and other departments about implementing DCO in GitHub repository.
- Reviewing the current Joomla Contributor Agreement
- Implementing changes in Joomla Volunteers Portal
- Making all Joomlers sign updated CoC and JCA on Joomla Volunteers Portal