Events Department Meeting - December 16, 2020
Participants: Djamel Kherbi, David Aswani, Brian Ronnon, Benjamin Trenkle
Total time of the meeting: 60 minutes
Venue: Google Meet
The Events department held its monthly meeting where the following items were discussed.
1. Benjamin was welcomed to the team as this was his first Events meeting.
2. It was agreed that we create a vision board, with defined goals, that will guide the events team for the coming year, this will help in making sure that we create an impact as opposed to just approving events.
3. Reaching out for more volunteers, the team will come up with concepts and guidelines, that will be proactive in getting people involved in what is happening in Joomla.
Joomla User Group
1. there should be the main focus on having healthy JUG locations all over the world. This brings a lot of benefits for the management of the Joomla! Community:
A big pool of potential volunteers
Quick communication ways with the chance to reach a lot of people
More visibility for Joomla! (offline and online)
1. We will continue to encourage Virtual events and offer them as much support as we can give.
2. Create a working relationship with Marketing as we look at things we can collaborate in making sure that the JoomlaDay and JUG organizers are supported in what they are doing.
Complements of the Season