JED Team Meeting - June 28th, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on May 31st, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, and Troy Hall.
Absent: Dénes Székely, Daniel Dubois, Hugh Douglas-Smith.
Plans for 2019
- JED Full-Text Search - Instant Search - Upgrade to Algolia PHP API v2
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
- Account / "Delete account" button
- JED Checker Online - Based on RIPS (?) / PHPCS WIP PR 246 / SonarQube
- JED Design Updates
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style)
- JED4 (2019 Q4-2020)
- GDPR Part2
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- We have discussed a case related to a reported developer.
New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
We are planning a workflow reorganization and the implementation of a new ticketing system. For more information: Ticketing System 2019
The new support processes would be:
- Extension Support
- Review Support
Spam Checks for Reviews
The current system to process Spam Review needs to be revamped. The current implementation has several shortcomings that must be addressed.
In the short term, to clarify the validation output, we are improving the messages shown to the user. Spam Checkup can fail due to the following points:
In the medium term, we are planning to redefine the system and implement a new checkup in the context of the JED4 project.
JED 4 Project
- JED4 Sprint, it will take place on Fri 2nd Aug - Sun 4th Aug.
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks. To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
- Project Timeline Update: we are assessing the timeline to keep it in sync with Joomla 4 release and the latest roadmap updates: https://developer.joomla.org/news/776-joomla-4-is-on-the-horizon-alpha-8.html
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.