JED Team Meeting - August 2nd, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on August 2nd, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, and Troy Hall.
Absent: Daniel Dubois.
Plans for 2019
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization, a proof of concept is built and we plan to implement it as soon as possible.
- Account / "Delete account" button
- JED Checker Online - Based on RIPS (?) / PHPCS WIP PR 246 / SonarQube
- JED Design Updates
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play Store style)
- JED4 (2019 Q4 - 2020)
- GDPR Part2
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- We have discussed a case related to a reported developer.
New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
We are planning a workflow reorganization and the implementation of a new ticketing system. For more information: Ticketing System 2019
The new support processes would be:
- Extension Support
- Review Support
Spam Checks for Reviews
The current system to process Spam Review needs to be revamped. The current implementation has several shortcomings that must be addressed.
In the short term, to clarify the validation output, we are improving the messages shown to the user. Spam Checkup can fail due to the following points:
In the medium term, we are planning to redefine the system and implement a new checkup in the context of the JED4 project. We are updating the progress in the implementation here: https://github.com/joomla/jed-issues/issues/85
JED 4 Project
- JED4 Sprint is taking place on Fri 2nd Aug - Sun 4th Aug. At the time I'm writing this report, the Sprint report is already published here: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/extensions-directory-team/reports/1070-jed4-sprint-1st-4th-august-2019
- To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 codebase and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.