JED Team Meeting - October 4th, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on October 4th, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Daniel Dubois, Dénes Székely, Luca Marzo, Mark Lee, and Troy Hall.
Absent: Hugh Douglas-Smith.
Plans for 2019
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization, the implementation is almost complete. We are operating the new system and improving the implementation.
- Recently Updated / New & Noteworthy reports. We have published the newly reviewed query https://extensions.joomla.org/browse/recently-updated/ and we are collaborating to improve it. If you want to collaborate with the team, feel free to contact us here: https://github.com/joomla/jed-issues/issues/121
- Account / Delete account implementation is pending.
- JED Checker CI Online. This is project scope: https://github.com/joomla/jed-issues/wiki/Extensions-Checker. Based on PHPCS WIP PR 246 / SonarQube.
- JED Design Updates
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play Store style)
- JED4 (2019 Q4 - 2020)
- GDPR Part2
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
Spam Checks for Reviews
The current system to process Spam Review needs to be revamped. The current implementation has several shortcomings that must be addressed.
In the short term, to clarify the validation output, we are improving the messages shown to the user. Spam Checkup can fail due to the following points:
In the medium term, we are planning to redefine the system and implement a new checkup in the context of the JED4 project. We are updating the progress in the implementation here: https://github.com/joomla/jed-issues/issues/85
JED 4 Project
- To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 codebase and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
Minimum technical requirements for Joomla 4
We have been discussing the steps to manage extensions for Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 after Joomla 4 is released, to keep compatibility with minimum technical requirements for Joomla 3 and encourage the usage of PHP latest stable version and security practices.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.