By Private Profile 8ada61bb on 2015-08-28 00:00 in Extensions Directory Team

 

The Joomla! Extensions Directory Team (JED) Team meets the last Friday of every month at 6:00 AM PDT. This meeting was held on August 28th, 2015 on Glip.

 

Team Members

Present: Tessa Mero, Matthew Baylor, Luca Marzo, Jaz Parkyn

Absent: Ryan Bernstein, Claire Mandville, Keith Daudt, Amiel Horowitz, Anibal Sanchez, Mark Smeed, Markus Bopp, Mark Lee, Angelos Hadjiphillipou, Valentin Garcia, Renea Leathers, Paul Franklin, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Eyvonne Myers, Rodrigo Spillere

 

Discussion Outline

 

  • The Joomla template was overhauled and needs to be implemented into the JED website.

  • Tessa Mero will follow up with current volunteer devs to see if they are still interested in working on the JED.

  • Matthew Baylor started working on a JED Contributor Agreement for people to sign before they can start as a Web Developer for the JED. About 20% done. Tasked every JED team member to review it within 7 days.

  • When the Contributor Agreement is complete, it will need to be sent to the lawyer for approval.

    • Include documentation for our end that covers how to update it whenever we have code changes, that way it’s not tied to one person.

    • Start track all code contributors who accesses the code

    • Set up a Vagrant box for community contributions.

    • Have our developer volunteers give an explanation of what their plans are with the code and have them request approval first

  • By October 2015, the JED code will be ready

  • 901 extension reviews were published in the last 28 days.

  • 188 tickets were processed in the last 28 days.
  • 132 new extensions were approved in the last 28 days. 200 were submitted.
  • Tickets: The “New Listing Category” has been completed. There are currently 17 pending tickets as of the last 4 days. We keep a promise of no later than 14 days. 4 days ago the queue was at 0. All pending/new tickets were complete.

  • Listings: There are currently 50 pending listings as of 10 days ago. We keep a promise of no later than 14 days. Tessa Mero tasked Listing Support members to have this complete. Luca and Jaz agreed to log in and clean up the queue.

  • Matthew Baylor suggests that JED code has such high confidentiality information, we need to up our screening method to bring in high quality volunteers without previous bad history with the JED if they are an extension developer.

  • Matthew Baylor and Tessa Mero suggests we have a reporting page on backend of JED to include very clear team reporting ability, such as how many tickets Tessa did this month. We are working on improving the sense of efficiency and also want to publically recognize contributions.

  • 3 potential volunteers are offering to help with support tickets. Tessa Mero completed training a new volunteer Monday August 24th, 2015 and will send an email for Matt to set up access.

  • We discussed the importance of keeping communication open between team members when you aren’t able to contribute for a period of time so we can find others to help.

 

Meeting ends after 80 minutes.