JED Team Meeting - February 25th, 2022
Joomla Extension Directory. Meeting Minutes
- February 25, 2022
Participants: Jeroen Moolenschot, Dénes Székely, Llewellyn van der Merwe (Team Lead), Denis Ryabov
Absent with notice: Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo, Oh Martin, Tom van der Laan, Mark Lee, Mark Fleeson (Jed 4 Developer), Claire Mandville, Jaz Parkyn (Assistant Team Lead)
Team Organization: Llewellyn van der Merwe, Jaz Parkyn
- Llewellyn was elected as Team Lead for another term.
- Jaz fortunately agreed to stand as Assistant Team Lead again.
- Need clarity on the rules of the JED extension listings, so the review and voting on the updated documents internally is urgent.
Extension Listings: Tom van der Laan, Oh Martin, Jeroen Moolenschot
- When to check “ext. Specific addon” and when to select a “parent” extension.
- The naming conventions and when what rule applies is unclear.
- Also for extension owners what rules do we enforce on them when it comes to plugin naming. There are some edge cases that are not very clear.
- We need to have the internal document reviewed and finalized.
- When we have that done, we use that as our basis to update the documentation on github and also the documentation in the knowledge base of the JED itself.
- We should also expand the documentation about system naming so it’s more clear for us and the developers also.
- All extension listing rules must be applicable to old and new listings to avoid partiality.
JED Extensions: Llewellyn van der Merwe, Denis Ryabov
JED Extension Checker [J3]
- We need a set of edgecase extensions as testing subjects to iron out false positives.
- Working on PHP syntax validation
- Would like to give information to developers of depreciated methods and classes.