JED Team Meeting - April 28, 2017
Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
- In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Aleksander Kuczek, Darek Śnieg, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo and Mark Lee.
- Absent: Dénes Székely, Daniel Dubois, Markus Bopp, Miron Savan, Martin Mueller, Paul Franklin and Sotiris Katsaniotis
Team organisation definitions
To improve the team organisation, a set of rules has been proposed to keep our team focused and active, and an internal survey recorded the level of full agreement that the team has.
According to the results of the internal survey, the participants agreed to enact rules to update the group membership following the level of collaboration. Only active volunteers will remain on the team. Members who fail to contribute once per month or do not attend the monthly meetings will receive a warning and eventually be removed from the team.
JED Homepage 2017 updates
- The new design must be applied to other areas of the site. (e.g. the search form located in the inner pages)
- Joomla 3.7 has been released, and a new Joomla template (j.org) has been released. Both resources must be implemented at once.
- Google Analytics tracking on JED: GA Event tracking implementation will be reviewed. (Alek - Anibal)
- On May, we will proceed to implement these improvements.
- Additionally, we are monitoring with the Capital team (Soren) how the new home is performing.
Following the initial phase, we are working on the second phase:
- The new homepage has been successfully implemented. Though, more improvements are required.
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules are coming, on incremental small/new changes.
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style).
The Review Checking Process
The efforts to improve the process are ongoing. We expect further additions in the short term.
All tickets must be redirected to Reported Reviews (Hugh)
JED Full-Text Search 2017 - Search improvements candidates
No decision yet on the supporting technology. We are considering Algolia or Elastic Search. More time is required to evaluate the project alternatives.
J and Beyond 2017
- Part of the team is attending the event
- Hugh's session: Replying to Reviews from a Developers perspective
- JED Make it Happen, Saturday Afternoon
- Webinar for Extension Development on GPL (Aleksander Kuczek)
Developer Collaboration Process
Migration to Github: Efforts are continuing in this direction.
Google Summer of Code 2017: Enhancements to Extension Manager
Anibal has joined the team of mentors, and we are participating in the initial review of the project ideas.