JED Team Meeting - November 30th, 2018
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on November 30th, 2018, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Dénes Székely and Luca Marzo.
Absent: Daniel Dubois, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Mark Lee and Troy Hall.
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window.
- In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- In December, we'll continue to renew the server stack.
- A recurrent issue (extension owner = 0) is being investigated, and we plan to put it under control as soon as possible.
JED 4 - Project Update
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks.
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
JED Homepage and general style updates
- We are finishing a new JED Style update and releasing it as soon as possible.
- Template Design improvements have been published. Now, JED is back to the general CDN and the common jorg template. Kudos @ciaran.
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules are coming, on incremental small/new changes.
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style).
- This week, we had an issue on the site while we updated the server. MySQL crashed due to a ucm_content table change.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.