JED Team Meeting - January 4th, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on January 4th, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Daniel Dubois, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, and Luca Marzo.
Absent: Mark Lee and Troy Hall.
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- In December, we have completed the system upgrades and sorted out the detected issues.
- A new JED Checker version is coming.
- JED Team elected Anibal Sanchez as new Team Leader.
JED 4 - Project Update
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks. To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
- Project Timeline Update: we are assessing the timeline to keep it in sync with Joomla 4 release and the latest roadmap updates: https://developer.joomla.org/news/759-joomla-4-is-on-the-horizon-alpha-6.html
JED Homepage and general style updates
- JED Design improvements have been published. Kudos Peter and Ciaran.
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules are coming, on incremental small/new changes.
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style).
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.