JED Team Meeting - February 1st, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on February 1st, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Daniel Dubois, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo and Mark Lee.
Absent: Troy Hall.
- Processed Extensions 586
- Processed Reviews 4097
- Processed Tickets 3690
- JED 4 - New System Specification
- JED Full-Text Search - Homepage Autocomplete Search
- Review Checking Process Improvements (IP-Detective migration)
- JED Wiki Creation
- JED Developers Organization
- Migration to Github / JED CD-CI migration
- GDPR Coordination and Improvements
- JED Theme improvements (Cards and Five-Star Reviews system)
Plans for 2019
- Cards and Star Reviews system Part 2
- JED Full-Text Search - Homepage Instant Search
- More Template Updates
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
- GDPR Part2
- JED4 (2019 Q4-2020)
- JED Checker CI
- Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style)
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- In December, we have completed the system upgrades and sorted out the detected issues.
- A new JED Checker version is coming.
- We have discussed a complex issue about Reviews rejections related to the "IP masking service or VPN" checkup
JED 4 - Project Update
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks. To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
- Project Timeline Update: we are assessing the timeline to keep it in sync with Joomla 4 release and the latest roadmap updates: https://developer.joomla.org/news/759-joomla-4-is-on-the-horizon-alpha-6.html
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.