JED Team Meeting - March 22nd, 2019
The Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met on March 22nd, 2019, at 4 pm GMT, via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks.
In attendance: Anibal Sanchez, Jaz Parkyn, Dénes Székely, Luca Marzo and Mark Lee.
Absent: Daniel Dubois, Hugh Douglas-Smith and Troy Hall.
Plans for 2019
- Cards and Star Reviews system Part 2 - COMPLETED
- JED Full-Text Search - Homepage Instant Search
- New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
- JED Checker CI
- More Template Updates - Recently Added, Top Rated, Most Viewed modules
- GDPR Part2
- JED4 (2019 Q4-2020)
- New scrolling widgets (similar to Google Play style)
- We are processing the queue of new extensions and pending tickets within the seven days processing window. In the meeting, we have discussed several tough cases and reports.
- A new JED Checker 2.1 version has been released.
- We have discussed several cases related to fake reviews.
New Ticketing System / Process reorganization
We are planning a workflow reorganization and the implementation of a new ticketing system. For more information: Ticketing System 2019
The new support processes would be:
- Extension Support
- Review Support
JED 4 Project
- We now have a base component for JED4. It's ready for the logic to be put into place, and we have an initial list of tasks. To contribute to the project: https://extensions.joomla.org/support/knowledgebase/item/contributing-code-to-the-jed/
- The board approved the proposal to make the new JED 4 code base and project information available publicly.
- The Review Detective and Review Scores will be kept private to within the JED team.
- This is the JED 4 Project Scope Summary. To simplify the project coordination, we have the JED - Developer Chat room in Glip for developers to work on JED4. Please, join the JED Dev Chat on Glip to discuss the scope and access the rest of the materials we are working on.
- Project Timeline Update: we are assessing the timeline to keep it in sync with Joomla 4 release and the latest roadmap updates: https://developer.joomla.org/news/771-joomla-4-is-on-the-horizon-alpha-7.html
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We are collaborating with the implementation of the process and coordinating tasks with the Joomla GDPR/Compliance Team.