First meeting Mentors and Student.
First meeting Mentors and Student - May 7th, 2018.
Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Mentor)
Elisa Foltyn (Mentor)
João Reys Santos (Mentor)
Sandra Decoux (Mentor)
Wang Yuchao (Student)
Summary of the Meeting:
We hold our meetings in written form.
- Everyone participating in the Team will make a fork of the project.
- CMS or JRS will create a staging branch where WY will work on
- WY already installed CodeSniffer and Joomla Coding Rules in his environment which made a very good impression in the mentor-team
- Mentors-team agreed with WY that commits have to be done often and early. At least one commit per day is expected. More are appreciated.
- At least one PR per week is expected
- The mentors-team also expects a daily communication, not only if there are questions
- Everyone in the team should say if there are any issues that prevent from being available (exams, vacations, health issues)
- The student is having a diary writing down the time for each task, not for controlling but for better self-control
- Coding starts at the 14th May 2018
- The student is also welcome to collaborate on the draft and to give own suggestions about the implementation
- The first task is to implement the parameters for each language
- We agreed to have a regular Meeting at Mondays 10.00 a.m. CET (Germany 11.00 a.m.)
- Just the meeting at 14th May will be postponed to 11 am CET (Germany 12.00)
- Goals towards the next Meeting at 14th May:
- 1. Finish the draft
- 2. Add a tab with param fields to the com_language.
- 3. Solve some issues in github (For example check to reproduce https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/20311)
I want to thank everyone in the team for the work and time that everyone puts into the project and for working independently. That pulse is important for a successful result.