Sixth Meeting - Joomla GSoC 2019 - Page Builder
June 21, 2019, 09:00 am UTC
Attendees: Benjamin Trenkle, Franciska Perisa, Nitish Bahl, Tobias Zulauf, Viviana Menzel
The meeting started with Franciska posting a GIF of dynamic resizing columns which is work in progress but applauded by everyone. This was followed by reviewing issues of last week - some small issues and two major ones. The small issues had been fixed with work in progress for dynamic resizing columns and flexible elements (grid, container, module positions along with support for 3rd party elements).
This was followed by a long discussion regarding the basic idea for intelligent elements, deciding hierarchy (parent-child) for default elements, which default elements are needed etc. The conclusion includes -
- Every element (including default) needs to have an associated plugin, which can be enabled/disabled
- 3rd party developers can add additional elements with a plugin.
- Default plugins are enabled by default at installation
- Default elements are container, grid, module position.
- Grid and columns are linked together as a single type of element.
- The container can be a child of "root", the grid & module position can be a child of "root" and "column”.
- Module position cannot have children.
The plugins can be created with XML or JSON. The work was divided with Franciska working on “resizable” columns and Nitish working on “intelligent/flexible” elements.
The students were reminded to get their combined blog post ready regarding their work done in the 1st coding phase before the GSoC evaluations, which are scheduled between June 24 - June 28, 2019. Also, they are required to fill the evaluation form before the evaluation ends.