GSoC 2022 : A11y-Plugin - Week 3
Tasks completed in the week:
- Started the week by reading the documentation of speechSynthesis Web API.
- Spent time on understanding the existing implementation of text to speech in the a11y external script.
- Developed the initial design of speech velocity feature.
- Implemeted the speech velocity so that the user can choose the desired the reading velocity from : Normal, fast and slow.
- Tested the speech velocity for cross browser compatibility.
- Improved the announcements made by other functions of a11y plugin when Screen Reader is enabled.
- Spent time in figuring out the reason of a major bug in the a11y plugin, i.e., sometimes screen reader starts reading, and doesn't stops till the tab is closed.
- Prioritized the task for next week.
Git branch : https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc22_accessibility-plugin-script/tree/speechVelocity