GSoC 2022 : Guided Tour - Week 3
By Khu5h1 on 2022-07-03 21:02 in GSoC 2022 : Guided-Tour
Tasks completed in the week:
- Debugged the code and solved the problem of the steps URL which was not working earlier.
- Conducted G-Meets with Mentor - Freyam where I helped him to set up the Guided Tour project for Joomla! so that he can get started with the project and start testing it.
- Attached the Steps URL in tour.addStep by using url: obj[mainID].steps[index].url and got the steps URL for each step of the tour.
- Used session storage and URL re-direction through the window.location.href.
- Made one-time URL redirection of Guided Tour functionality.
- If the page is refreshed in between the steps, then by using session storage fixed the normal flow of the remaining steps from which it was refreshed.
- Implemented the code for showing the Complete Button at the last step of every tour even after the page is refreshed.
- Worked on fixing the problem i.e if click on any tour and start the tour then (if it is a multi-page tour) then after finishing the tour when we return to the main page or when we create any other tour and return to the main page where all the tours are mentioned, the relative URL of the page is changed from option=com_guidedtours to option=com_guidedtours&view=tours which was causing the problem that the tour was starting when we were clicking on that 2 times. So, I have fixed the problem by changing the relative URL of the tours page to option=com_guidedtours&view=tours permanently.
- Made some minor changes in extensions.sql for better UI.
- Changed the URL for each tour and step to the localhost URL to ensure that the steps are working properly while starting any tour.
- Working on multi-page redirection of Guided Tour.
- Prioritized the task for next week.
Pull Request: https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc22_guided-tour/pull/3