GSoC 2021 - Cookie Manager | Week 3
Date: 22 June 2021 - 27 June 2021
Hi, this is the progress report for the cookie manager project which is currently part of GSoC.
- Discuss how to use the strings whether they should be in the database or language files.
- Conclude that we should move strings to the language files.
- Discuss how to categorise the cookies whether using the category feature of Joomla or in the other way.
- It’s better to use the category feature provided by Joomla, not need to reinvent the wheel.
- Discuss the new fields for the database table.
Tasks completed this week:
- Update the database table according to the new requirements.
- Remove the dependency of edit page rendering on the id.
- Remove the search for consents for now.
- Remove the strings from the database and put them into the language files.
- Move the default values like policy link and cookie banner position to the component configuration.
- Add the category component in the cookie manager component for the categorization of the cookies.
- Create a new page for viewing and editing cookies information.
- Add the name, description and the duration of the cookie in the edit view.
- Also, add the empty state layout for the component.
- Also add the SQL in the installation folder, both for MySQL and PostgreSQL.