8th Meeting Automated Testing - Joomla! GSoC 2016
By Yves Hoppe on 2016-07-02 00:00 in GSoC 16 Browser automated tests
Friday, July 1st, 2016, 14:00 (UTC / GMT) on Glip
Meeting was attended by: Prital Patel, Javier Gomez, Yves Hoppe, Niels Braczek
Report: Yves Hoppe
For an overview about this Google Summer of Code project please take a look at Pritals Joomla Community magazine article.
## Presentation and review on the work Prital has done during the last week
Issues fixed and send PR since last meeting
1. Provide a solution for Content and User steps gets mixed on execution and also fix the current scenario
This Pull Request is for Issue #29 and #31 .
2. [Issue #37] Create steps with one or minimum responsibilities
This Pull Request is for Issue #37.
3. [Issue #16] Generate a users_frontend.feature file and write a com_Users frontend scenario using gherkin
This Pull Request is for Issue #16.
4. Create a Issue for remaining possible scenario
5. I have done a small resume of the status of the project in the present week and shared in Automatic Testing group meeting.
6. Tested, reviewed and send fix for the gsoc16_browser-automated-tests PR
This PR was not possible to run directly. So, I have suggested some code changes by sending pull request against javier’s branch.
Prital had trouble following Michaels test instructions at #10905. She is going to ask him what she needs to do for 4.) and 5.)
## Tasks for next week / Timeline
- Improve the timeout in al tests ($timeout = 20). Change it to a constant and follow the default as in the documentation. For example in AcceptanceTester or better in an abstract class we extend.
- Start preparing a draft guide (Google Doc - share it with us asap) , when to use Given, when and Then, like on https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Given-When-Then, but for our tests. See https://github.com/joomla-projects/gsoc16_browser-automated-tests/issues/46
- Iterate over #44 and improve the things we talked about
- Prioritize items at #35 and think on more
- Implement #44 (User frontend scenarios) in pages and steps
- See open issues at Repository
- Help testing:
## Long time tasks / issues:
- PHP 5.6 fails on Travis (MySQL in PHPUnit) → Yves
- Interface / Abstract class to extend for test cases → Prital / Javi / Niels / Yves
## Next meeting will be:
Thursday, 7th July 2016 at 14:30 UTC on Google Hangout