JCM Meeting Report - April 22th, 2020
The meeting started at 19:00 (CEST).
Participants: Luca Marzo, Chris Keen, Patrick Jackson, Anja de Crom, Aris Ntatsis, Sandra Decoux, Ahmad Moussa, Wilco Alsemgeest, Hans van der Meer, Andrea Gentil.
Apologies: Mark Bender, Marc Dechèvre, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall
- From 9th to 16th April a vote was held on the selection of a new team leader, resulting in the election of Andrea Gentil as TL. Andrea asked Luca Marzo to be the ATL
- May issue: the team defined the featured topic, articles needed and possible authors to start contacting them.
- Review of the publication workflow and style guide: Luca and Andrea will work with Mark and Wilco in the definition of the workflow and it will be published in the Authors guideline.
- JCM Editorial Plan: Team started to work on ideas for a 3-4 month editorial plan.
- Social Media campaign: Call for authors and thanks to authors, Andrea will prepare material for the SM Team.
- Luca and Chris will work on Google Analytics reports.
- Wilco will set up a GitHub Team for project management, linked to the Magazine repo.
- Sandra proposed several improvements to the Home page layout, the newsletter and the author’s page, (all in the meeting agenda). The team will work on them.
- Translations: Luca proposed to handle translations the same way that Joomla announcements, through Marketing Liaisons. Sandra and Luca will prepare a disclaimer for no links to paid sites.
The meeting ended at 20:30 (CEST)