JCM Team Meeting 26 March 2019
Date: Tuesday 26 March 2019
Time: UTC 20:00
Attendees: Nicky Veitch, Jacques Rentzke, Aris Ntatsis, Mark Bender
Apologies: Randy Carey
JCM Team Goals:
- Ensure technical infrastructure is appropriate for now and future
- Relaunch the JCM
- Increase the number of volunteers in the JCM team
- Increase the number of authors
- Increase the amount and quality of contributions JCM receives
- Increase readership
- Action items from previous meeting.
- Work completed this week.
- Discussion / Upcoming work.
- Survey to determine best future meeting time.
Goal 1: Ensure technical infrastructure is appropriate for now and future
1. Action items from previous meeting:
- New development work has commenced in sandbox.
- Existing CComments - developer has been contacted and agrees to assist.
- Redirects of K2 to core - not required. Existing aliases maintained so redirects should not be required.
- Consider Clickup as project management tool (allows assignment of tasks).
2. Work completed this week:
- K2 content migrated to core - complete, thanks EF.
- Reassign Menu Items to core and clean up empty Categories - en-GB complete, thanks AN. Will do other languages in the next week.
- Request for database export of K2 Authors - provided to requestor.
- Removed 17k spam accounts which were auto-generated 2015-2016.
- Fixed up missing author error message in MySQL.
- All existing JCM members added to existing “Super Users” group. All other front-end accounts currently added to one of either “Author” or “Hispanic Author” existing groups.
- Page overrides - agreed to only attempt to recreate existing K2 layouts in core for now. Full redesign as a future project, possibly aligned with future J4 upgrade.
3. Discussion / Upcoming work:
- Continue with the page overrides.
- Identify missing authors and fix in MySQL.
- Authors - request for the ability to have multiple authors listed on an article - discuss.
- Authors page - display a list only with links to individual profiles.
- Author profile page - current fields (website, social links, bio), add URL field link to Volunteer Portal.
- Display multiple authors per article - further investigation/discussion.
- How to display translators, vs author (multilingual) - further investigation/discussion.
- Tags - currently 71 K2 Tags, used for multiple purposes. Agreed to migrate existing K2 tags used for # keywords/topics, ie. #GDPR, Tutorial, Community, etc.
- Custom modules.
- Define roles (with future J4 Workflow in mind).
- Plan ACL to reflect roles.
4. Survey to determine best future meeting time due to summertime/wintertime timezone changes.
Next meeting Tuesday 2 April 2019 UTC 20:00 via Hangouts.
Meeting ends after 1 hour.