Marketing Leadership Meeting - July 31, 2019
- Noreen Cesareo - Marketing Team Lead
- Sandra Decoux - Team Member
- Hervé Boinnard - Assistant Team Lead
- Brian Teeman produced a new video in mid-July: The CMS you can trust.
- Brian and Sandra prepared all the marketing for the upcoming Joomla Birthday.
- Due to health issues, Rachel Walraven decided to step down from her role as Marketing & Communications Department Coordinator.
- In the meantime, there is still some work ongoing, such as blog posts and community tasks that were and are still done by Sandra.
We have suspended activity as a marketing leadership team for the moment due to the following reasons:
- The marketing budget for the 2019/2020 year was prepared without any consultation or input from the team. Consequently, the budget presented to the board does not include any budget allocation to carry out any more marketing activity as per the agreed strategy and in preparation for the J4 launch.
- Furthermore, the lack of volunteers and resources, especially copywriters and content creators, means that we need to pay marketing professionals for fresh targeted content. With no budget allocation, this means that we cannot carry out any more work in this area.
- As a result we have agreed that we will stay as a group, listed as Members, occupying no particular position until there is clarity and budget available.
Meeting adjourned after 40 minutes.