By Louise Hawkins on 2022-05-13 13:03 in Marketing Team

Marketing Minutes April 26th 2022

Tuesday 26th April 2022 UTC 18:00 BST 19.00
Duration:1 Hour
Phil Walton, Louise Hawkins, Tom van der Laan, Andrew Barber, Asad Mithu, Julie Steffers
Mark Fleeson

1. Joomla Release Cycle - PW is compiling a Google Calendar that details all release dates, dev & stable and requirements. PW to share once complete. The next requirement for release graphics will be for Joomla 4.1.3 and 3.10.9, scheduled for May 10th, graphics are required by May 6th.

2. Event Merchandise - There is an immediate requirement for a banner and stickers for JoomlaDay France (20th/21st May) and JoomlaDay Germany (September 2nd & 3rd). Both the banner artwork and sticker design have been agreed upon. The banner QR code will link to the following URL: TL to create the final artwork and PW to provide a card for payment.

If possible, it would be good to get coasters or other promotional material for this event. Going forward, we need to start building stocks of promo merch as events will become more frequent, and there is a budget for promotional materials. If anyone has any ideas, please put them forward.

3. Joomla 4 Landing Page - The page requires updating with agreed orange assets provided by TL. PW to speak with Carlos to action this.

4. Social Media Graphics - Sandra has requested that marketing provide graphics for all social posts; SD is happy to continue with the magazine graphics for now. Currently, there is a PSD file that holds four template styles for Instagram posts; LH  to liaise with SD to establish exact requirements. Then LH will provide precise details to TL who will look at incorporating these into the new artwork production system.

5. Request for Chat Icons - SD has requested some new chat icon graphics for forum and stack exchange artworks in the Joomla colours - LH to action this and provide some options.

6. Newsletter Production - PW will show Chris how to produce and send out the newsletters; it would be good if another marketing team member could learn this also. Please let me know if anyone wants to do this.

7. Personas - AB has created a Google Questionaire so we can understand better how different groups use Joomla. Once finalised this will be circulated via social media and included in the magazine. AB & LH to meet on Friday to complete details with a view to getting this in the May edition of the magazine.

8. PR - Following #JUGL, Julian’s talk and screen reader demo, he has been working with PW and has provided an article for the May edition of the magazine. This is a great story and will provide content for social media channels. Also planned, Julian will be reviewing Joomla Templates. So, potentially a lot is happening on the PR front. Discussed the provision of a Press Pack. The Press Pack should contain logos and guidelines along with a selection of images; the more we offer the more likely it will be used. LH to have a look to see what we can put together. Any ideas welcome.

9. Social Media - JS wants to join the social media team. PW to set up a meeting with AM and myself to help facilitate this.

The next Marketing Team meeting is scheduled for Tuesday. May 10th, 17:00 UTC 18:00 BST