SOC 2021: Guided Tour – Week 11 & 12
1) Issue Fixing:
So far by these 2 weeks done a lot of work after a break of one week. My mentor Patrick Jackson gone through my PR pull #5(guided-tour), done the installation, and made around 17-18 issues on the Project repo page. Majority of the issues were of MVC Component polishing. Issues Solved:
· Wrapper incorrectly configured - double scroll bar as a result #11
· Dropdown on Joomla button toolbar does not dropdown.
· Search filter dropdown not indicating selected search + not all options listed.
· Component Menu improvement
· Field descriptions needed
· Tour Published state not correct
· Installer: guidedtours.xml - remove Menu and Submenu; Fix other Banners related code.
· Improve Search flexibility: Add ability to search ID and DESCRIPTION fields on tours and steps
· Incorrect Label for selector
· Status not correct on List of Tours
· Steps: Various Issues
Some minor issues/ which are not that technical are still remaining, will try to finish them by the end of the second evaluation.
2) Code Cleaning:
Code cleaning was the important part over here. Cause that leads to the good quality of the code. I always use
Joomla Coding Standards before committing the code, so this ain't a big issue here. Benjamin shared this in the starting only to set up the
Standards environment in my local environment machine.
3) Documentation Writing:
Wrote a temporary documentation for the 3rd party developers/users about how to use guided-tours in short. Will add the details are perfection by next week.