Trademark Team Report - October 3, 2017
This report is to announce the progress of Trademark & Licensing Team, no meeting has been held today.
Progress & Achievements
- Ticket System has been splitted into 2 departments: one to deal with new requests of trademark permissions and the other one to deal with existing violations.
- Claire, Ugur and Subodh are dealing with Trademark Violations trying to address the violations reported by users and found on the web. Their approach is to guide users to be compliant with the rules.
- The Policy document about trademarked Top Level Domains (TLDs) has been approved by the Board of Directors of Open Source Matters and is now effective.
- All the new Top Level Domains registration including one of the Joomla! Trademarks shall be done in accordance with the new policy https://tm.joomla.org/registration-of-domain-names.html
- Team is dealing with more than 70 violation tickets.
- New Conditional Use Logos have been published on the TM website coupled with the proper disclaimer: https://tm.joomla.org/conditional-use-logos.html
- Team is reviewing the whole website content, trying to bring more clarity in the rules and in site navigation.
- If you want to volunteer as member of the Trademark & Licensing Team, please submit your application at email@example.com