By Todd Woodward on 2021-12-16 03:21 in Joomla User Groups Team

Joomla User Group Team Meeting Minutes
December 13, 2021


Scheduled duration: 1 hour


Participants: Todd Woodward, Claire Mandeville, Philip Walton, Laura Gordon, Abdulkadir Sheshu
Absent with notice: Davide Messia
Absent without notice: Ahmed Moussa

Agenda Items for December 13, 2021

  1. Review of current tasks.

    1. Need to develop JUG logo (Discussion with Phillip & Claire)

      1. Include Joomla logo/name Todd Woodward will work on this and report back before December meeting

      2. Action items

        • Develop JUG logo and site branding standards. Joomla Registered Usergroup logo should link back to’s User Group page

          1. Philip Walton will design the logo. He will discuss with Luca Marzo, and OSM will have to review.

        • Talk to OSM about bringing in JUG Team when correcting a JUG for improper trademark use

        • Joomla Branding standards:

        • Alternate source:

    2. Virtual JUGs

      1. Remove geographic requirement in application form - Todd Woodward

    3. Trouble Tickets

      1. Ahmed Moussa currently closing tickets - show team how to close tickets

      2. Uses RSTicketsPro

        • Wilco has granted expanded access to JUG Team members

    4. JUG application requests

      1. Todd Woodward will contact three potential JUGs

        • Put on Glip Channel

        • Invite them to upcoming JUG organizer meetings

    5. Plan for Feb JUG Organizer Meeting

      1. How to connect to JUG Organizers about the Meeting

      2. Laura will create as a Zoom Meeting

        • Agenda:

          1. JUG Logo suggestions

          2. Joomla Events how to

          3. Questions about trademark work with JUG team and Trademark together

          4. How to create Ticket Requests to edit JUGS

      3. February 3, 2022 at 10:00 PM EST

      4. February 5, 2022 at 11:30 AM EST

  2. Goal setting for 2022.

    1. Regularly Scheduled (quarterly) JUG Organizer Meetings

    2. Develop process for JUG approval

    3. Set processes for ticket response.

    4. Standards for JUG logo and correct usage.

    5. Updating JUG documentation

    6. 2023 - set up the ability for JUGs to make certain updates without ticketings.

  3. Next JUG Team Meeting: January 21, 2022 at 1730 UTC.