VET Meeting - 2nd March 2020
Volunteer Engagement Team Meeting Agenda
March 2nd, 2020 at 18:00:00 UTC
Scheduled length of time: 1 hour
Participants: Andrea Gentil, Chris Keen, Darek Śnieg, Davide Messia , Jaz Parkyn, Laura Gordon, Vikas Pisal, Brian Mitchell, Justina Michallek
Apologies: Niels Braczek, Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Luca Marzo, David Aswani, Daniel Dubois, Marco Dings, Eric Lamy.
Pizza, Bugs and Fun (PBF)
- Involve JUG organisers to help raise awareness and increase involvement
- Liaise with Social Media team to see if the advertisement video can be improved to help attract a wider audience
- Work with PBF organisers to find more ways of making the event more accessible, ideas included: differing levels of activities based on user skillset and level, structured agendas
- Debate around the possibility of a name change to make it more attractive to users who aren’t developers.
- Proposal of new section to focus on JUGs and their activities. Name suggestions include: ‘JUG Spotlight’, ‘JUG of the Month’. Content to include an overview of their last meeting accompanied with images, as well as details of their next event
- Proposal of new section to help bring attention to events, past and upcoming. Name suggestions include: ‘Event Focus
- Develop a graphic and invite volunteers to post it on their social media accounts on a specified day to saturate the channels and hopefully trend for the chosen hashtag
- Maybe combine it with a tag chain. Eg. ‘My Top 10 Joomla People’
- Coordinate with the Social Media Team to define the target and focus.
- Look into creating a profile frame that can be applied to profile photos on Facebook.