By Patrick Jackson on 2021-01-26 00:00 in Joomla! Volunteer Engagement Team

Scheduled length of time: 1 hour
Participants: Patrick Jackson, Davide Messia, Laura Gordon, Chris Keen, Llewellyn van der Merwe, Benjamin Trenkle,  Philip Walton, Mark Bender
Apologies: Shirielle Williams, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Niels Braczek, Luca Marzo, Jaz Parkyn

Volunteer Engagement Team - General Business

  • Patrick Jackson has been elected as Team Leader following resignation of Davide Messia. The team thanked Davide for his time and contributions in the role, and look forward to his continued involvement as a team member.

  • To share the inconvenience of meetings covering global timezones, VET will now be alternating month to month meeting times: 4th Monday each month at 20UTC/12UTC, then 21UTC/13UTC once daylight savings time switches. Calendar items & agenda documents are now in place for VET in Google Calendar.

  • VET Project teams are asked to schedule their next meeting in advance and place the dates when known in the next meeting dates section of the agenda for the VET Team meeting.

  • For next meeting, team members are asked to review the VET Vision, Mission and Goals statement for discussion and confirmation. A second document is to be also developed by April titled Team Structure and Standard Operating Procedures. This will become the team onboarding manual.

  • VET Team were disheartened to find apart from Programs Department, no other Departments Representatives attended the January meeting.

Volunteer Engagement Team - Items Arising

  • VET to invite David Aswani (Events DC) and Brian Rønnow (JUG Team Leader) to attend February or March VET Meeting to discuss how the JUG Team is configured and methods that can be used to engage JUGs going forward. A common discussion point in VET projects has been the need to identify how to better outreach to JUGs, to promote opportunities within the project, recruit members for the project from local user based, and also to create resources for JUGs to assist them with their programming and group management.

  • Following members are meeting January 30 2100UTC to start a discussion on how VET can benefit and support JUGs, in advance of the next meeting to then structure a discussion with Events Department: Benjamin Trenkle, Laura Gordon, Phillip Walton, Patrick Jackson, Llewellyn van der Merwe & Shirielle Williams

Project Reports

Help Wanted

  • Draft of user personas and journey map distributed to project team (link in agenda) for discussion at team meeting Feb 1.

  • Following the Feb 1 project team meeting, scope of next steps will determine which additional teams need to be contacted to reach out in order to discuss and facilitate process changes.

Company Engagement Project

  • Discussion paper circulated (see agenda) and project team formed.

  • Project team to engage with Luca Marzo and Hugh Douglas-Smith to find out what corporate engagement opportunities are already in the pipeline or that exist and can be further explored.

Onboarding Project

  • Informal initial project team meeting held in December

  • Various onboarding concept documents have been collated

  • Next meeting to be scheduled to formally establish the onboarding process and map out resources and documentation to be developed.

Community Openings

  • New process is working well, with regular JCM Community Opening articles having been delivered on time consistently in the final quarter of 2020.

  • Department Coordinators / Representatives are asked to remind their Teams in their Department meetings to contact Shirielle Williams with any specific positions to be advertised as early as possible. The article is finalised by the 15th of each month for the magazine.

  • The February or March issue of the article will focus on Positions for Joomla 4 release projects.

Department Representatives

  • No items were added to the agenda for any Department matters.

Meeting concluded at 2119 UTC.
Next meeting Monday 22 Feb at 1200UTC