Volunteer Engagement Team: Meeting May 24 2021
May 24, 2021 21:00 UTC
Scheduled length of time: 1 hour
Participants: Patrick Jackson, Benjamin Trenkle, Philip Walton, Laura Gordon, Shirielle Williams, Llewellyn van der Merwe
Absent without notice: Davide Messia, Chris Keen, Mark Bender, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Niels Braczek, Luca Marzo, Jaz Parkyn, Marianela Queme, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Marco Dings, David Aswani
2021/2022 Budget Proposal For VET
Voucher for Shop ($10 per member) - $1200
- Provides all members a $10 voucher for use on shop.joomla.org to purchase J4 merch.
- This is an item carried over from past two budgets, with a forecast increase to cover potential for extra members in case everyone was to claim. Actuals may not end up reaching budget if members don't claim their voucher.
Marketing Costs - $500
- For use for specific VET campaigns if required
Volunteer Recognition - $2500
- Budgeting to allow funds to be available for a recognition activity during the year. This is being requested to allow funds to be available. Without being a budget line in place funds would not be able to be requested.
Change to Department Representative Structure to be discussed next month. For another month, no "appointed" department representatives have attended the VET Team meeting.
- Onboarding Project Team will be meeting in June.
- Initial focus on rewriting Contribute to Joomla page with updated information
- Looking to run some sessions with Joomla Leadership to get everyone aware of onboarding processes once they're created and have Team Leaders 'buy in'
- Proposing to run several information and awareness sessions
- Translation Program
- Marketing Department
For next meeting, project plan to be developed for implementing the J4 Launch Shop Voucher scheme.
Next Meeting June 28 21:00UTC