2020-04 - Meeting / Report minutes
By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-04-30 08:50 in Webmasters Team
The webmasters team mainly consist of leaders and liaisons from other teams, with the purpose to effectively work together on all aspects of our properties and infrastructure.
The team meets as much as needed, because managing the properties is a daily task and communication is done through Glip, Mails and ADoodle.
Our reports will include general information, actions performed and motions taken over a period of time.
The reports will not be about just one meeting which is planned every month like most teams.
- Additional information has been collected and documented within the Webmasters dashboard, Joomla site. More will be added in the coming period.
- GSuite organization and related DNS structure for mail and other needs.
- Available & Approved services, extensions and tools.
- All webmasters received the required access to the dashboard where the documentation is stored.
- The Magazine team has become an official team, they will be supported by the Webmasters for their needs related to the website.
- The JSST is involved to improve the security on all our properties here are a list of things that we worked on:
- Set Up DMARC on all joomla mail domains.
- Set Up an security.txt and rolled it out to all properties.
- Implementing report-uri.com as reporting tool for example on CSP (more details about that partnership: https://www.joomla.org/announcements/general-news/5802-joomla-partners-with-report-uri-for-real-time-application-security-and-health-monitoring.html)
- Started to do another review on the CSP headers. (this is still ongoing)
- Fixed issues on a missing http header for the ads server.
Improvements / tasks / actions:
- Jaz has been working on improving and cleaning the Extensions Directory website, with support from Wilco. This was needed to improve the stability and prepare for the future JED version.
- The Joomla properties were updated to the J3.9.18 release, except for the Resource Directory.
- The new Magazine site has been launched, the first two releases are published.
Small improvements are in progress based on user feedback by Luca, Sandra, Mark and Wilco.
- For all Joomla properties a GitHub repository is created, to store custom changes in relation to the CMS, Template and server specific files (htaccess, security.txt).
Tobias started creating a special plugin to make it easier for all webmasters to connect with GitHub.
- The Showcase Directory team has been working on various improvements within the website, cleaning unneeded things, updating configuration based on baselines and many other things.
The team has an overall responsibility to standardize the systems used within our organization and managed by the members within the team. To make the decision making process as honest as possible, motions will be made with the help of ADoodle and registered in the reports. An organizational wide motions registry will be discussed with the board.
Reports published by Webmaster team members:
- Operations Department Coordination Report
- Operations Department Meeting Minutes
- Resource Directory Team:
- Community Magazine Team
- Extensions Directory Team
- Forum Team