Webmasters Team Report - July, 2020
By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2020-07-31 23:40 in Webmasters Team
The webmasters team mainly consists of leaders and liaisons from other teams, with the purpose to effectively work together on all aspects of our properties and infrastructure.
The team meets as needed, because managing the properties is a daily task and communication is done through Glip, Mails and ADoodle.
Our reports will include general information, actions performed and motions taken over a period of time.
The reports will not be about just one meeting which is planned every month like most teams.
- The VEL website is merged into the JED website by Jaz and Wilco to provide a central place for all extension related resources, all existing information can be found on: https://extensions.joomla.org/vulnerable-extensions/about/
- Feedback has been requested from the Webmasters to standardize the Joomla Privacy and security settings within our properties. The feedback received has been processed, more is needed to be able to create a proposal.
Improvements / tasks / actions:
- The costs for Pingdom uptime monitoring were decreased with 80%, with the support of the supplier.
We were running a subscription which was more than we needed.
- The partnership with Crowdin for the translations of certain website parts, the CMS, Joomla organizational extensions is moving to the next level. The new Crowdin Enterprise platform will be used, the plan is to also provide projects for extension translations created by developers. A project in collaboration with the Production department, Marketing department, Webmaster TL and Magazine team.
- All CPANEL passwords are recycled to make sure access information is kept secure in the vaults. The notification CPANEL mail address is updated as well, to make sure all Webmasters are notified about important information.