Webmasters Team Report - August, 2020
The webmasters team mainly consists of leaders and liaisons from other teams, with the purpose to effectively work together on all aspects of our properties and infrastructure.
The team meets as needed, because managing the properties is a daily task and communication is done through Glip, Mails and ADoodle.
Our reports will include general information, actions performed and motions taken over a period of time.
The reports will not be about just one meeting which is planned every month like most teams.
- Working with UptimeRobot who supply the services to Joomla for free, which will make it possible to remove the other services in use for which we are required to pay.
- Tobias Zulauf has been working on updating the special plugins we use and creating new ones;
https://github.com/joomla-projects/plg_content_joomlarrssb / https://github.com/zero-24/plg_content_mydocslanguage / https://github.com/zero-24/plg_system_force2fausergroup
Improvements / tasks / actions:
- All our ConfigServer Security & Firewall server settings are checked and updated where needed, to keep the platform secure and protect our users for unauthorized data access.
- IPv6 has been implemented on the servers and will be deployed slowly per website, to support more communications flows from different platforms.
- The Reverse DNS has been updated, to make external systems clear who we are.
- Access configuration for our Analytics account properties have been updated, to make sure data is only accessible on a need to know basis.
- The SSH access keys used by Operations are recycled within all accounts.