Webmasters Team Report - Q4, 2020
By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2021-01-05 18:37 in Webmasters Team
The webmasters team mainly consists of leaders and liaisons from other teams, with the purpose to effectively work together on all aspects of our properties and infrastructure. The team meets as needed, because managing the properties is a daily task and communication is done through Glip, Mails and ADoodle.
Our reports will include general information, actions performed and motions taken over a period of time related to multiple properties in the Joomla EcoSystem. The reports will not be about just one meeting which is planned every month like most teams.
The Pingdom monitoring system has been replaced completely with UpTimeRobot, they provided us with a free pro license.
From now on the status of the Joomla EcoSystem sites are visible on https://status.joomla.org/
Things in progress:
- As MySQL 5.6 is EOL, the property maintainers are working on testing as much as possible to make sure everything works as expected with MySQL 5.7. An version upgrade depends on all sites running on the same server.
- The properties are being upgraded to PHP 7.4 after testing has been performed a big part of the used systems are already upgraded.
- The webmasters are working on removing the support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1, as this is a server-wide setting the integration between systems are first being analyzed to make sure everything keeps working.
- Together with the JSST the COOP header is being defined and implemented: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy
- The SSL / TLS certificates (HTTPS) are being switched to Let's Encrypt, one website each time.