Seventh Meeting - Joomla GSoC 2019 - Page Builder
June 28, 2019, 09:00 am UTC
Attendees: Benjamin Trenkle, Franciska Perisa, Nitish Bahl, Tobias Zulauf, Viviana Menzel
The team went through the todo list of the last week and unfortunately half of it could not get implemented in this time.
Benjamin and Viviana gave feedback to the current state of the resizable columns and the “intelligent” elements, which resulted in new todos for the coming week.
Resizable columns :
- resizing persists after saving
- the "add column" button is always last
- resizing an element moves its successors to the right, not to the bottom
- make the gap between elements only when the frontend rendering can handle that
- list of modules instead of dropdown on choosing elements
- hover effect is jumping (add a transparent border as default)
- better element colors
- the elements in the builder are not correct aligned
- no children = no “add” button
- every element should get a description in the ”add” modal
Another issue was the drawer with the not very user friendly buttons “save” and “back”. They should change to something the user understands better. For example “X” in the upper right corner to close it.
There were still problems with Drone errors, but after merging 4.0-dev for the page-builder project, the tests keep failing. But the problem comes from Joomla itself and not this project.
To have a better overview about the issues for the week, Benjamin created an issue in GitHub with checkboxes. The plan is to make this for every week.
Viviana announced that she will be on vacation in July most of the time, so the students will make more screenshots to keep her up to date through the glip chat.
And don’t forget the first evaluation!