Recap from Joomla World Conference

By Karen Dunne on 2017-11-21 16:25 in Resource Directory Team

Brian Mitchell attended the Joomla World Conference to be involved in discussion with the operations team. Topics included tool sets across Joomla properties, leveraging the work that other teams may already be doing effectively, defining the focus of the individual teams and what’s next.   Meeting Agenda: Report from Brian about JWC How do JRD listings add showcase sites; separately or part of their listing? At the moment, it looks like a user needs to create a separate login...

Read more: Recap from Joomla World Conference

GDPR Working Group - Meeting Notes - November 20, 2017

By Wilco Alsemgeest on 2017-11-20 18:12 in GDPR Working Group

Team members:In attendance:  Luca Marzo, Wilco Alsemgeest, Yves Hoppe Discussed Topics: General GDPR information sharing User Consent Central SSO / Identity management solution Central Personal Data management solution Defined actions: Sprint organizing (Before January 18) First RFC of implementation (Before January 20) IDP Solution creation. (Before February 20) Password Reset mail to all accounts (Before March 18) Deletion of all accounts which didn't receive a password...

Read more: GDPR Working Group - Meeting Notes - November 20, 2017

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 15, 2017 - JWC

By Luca Marzo on 2017-11-19 14:37 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: November 15, 2017 Time: 09:30 - 17:25 Total time of meeting: 330 minutes This meeting has been held in person in Rome, before the Joomla! World Conference. Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Søren Beck Jensen...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 15, 2017 - JWC

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 09, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-11-13 19:39 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: November 09, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 35 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director). Apologies: Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director)   Discussion...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - November 09, 2017

Report from JTD team sprint

By Radek Suski on 2017-11-12 14:17 in Template Directory Team

On 21st and 22nd of October, the bigger part of the team participated in a sprint in Frankfurt am Main (Germany). During this very fruitful weekend the following goals have been achieved: A big part of the website layout has been created. A survey for template clubs has been completed. An API handler for themeforest has been in about 70% completed. The team also discussed further actions including plans for a support section (helpdesk), future procedures for handling...

Read more: Report from JTD team sprint

JWC Meeting Minutes - 7th November 2017

By Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen on 2017-11-07 18:57 in Joomla! World Conference Team

JWC Meeting Agenda 7th November at 17:00 UTC   Scheduled length of time: 60 Minutes   Participants: Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen, Brian Peat, Sandra Decoux, MikeDemo (late), Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Davide Messla Apologies: Alison Meeks, Jennifer Gress, Luca Marzo, Roberto Longo     Agenda Items & minutes:   Marketing Team Updates Hugh Tickets to close Friday the 10th!!! email to be setup this evening as...

Read more: JWC Meeting Minutes - 7th November 2017

7 November 2017 JUG Team Meeting

By Jennifer Gress on 2017-11-07 18:48 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Djamel KherbiNoemi Sanchez del RioJenn Gress Apologies: Brian RonnowRowan Hoskyns-Abrahall No Show: Eric Lamy Easy meeting this week as we didn't have a lot to discuss. Went over reviews. Noemi to start working on hers very soon. Djamel to wrap up Brasil shortly. We talked about dog bites and owners who have dogs that bite (heal up fast Noemi!), costume make-up, taxi's from airports, food, and how excited we all are to meet again (or for the first time) at JWC2017. Next...

Read more: 7 November 2017 JUG Team Meeting

Ready for Joomla World Conference

By Karen Dunne on 2017-11-07 15:54 in Resource Directory Team

Brian Mitchell will be attending the Joomla World Conference. We discussed the overall status, direction and improvements under development for the JRD. We are pleased to announce that all JRD submissions have been reviewed and there is nothing in the queue. Agenda: Sort function and fields Submission reviews and approvals Posting minutes to JRD news (Karen) Previous meeting minutes review and approval   Submission review: Stefan has caught up on the...

Read more: Ready for Joomla World Conference

Certification Team Meeting - November 07, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-11-07 13:36 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Certification Team meets monthly on Tuesday at 2:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on November 07th, 2017 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Andrea Gentil, Oscar Ortiz, Chris Keen, Adamzy Lee. Discussion Outline Luca to send all members logistic/organizational info about the JWC Sprint. Team is going to review the JCP Goals/Agenda for the JWC Sprint. Nicky Veitch will attend the sprint at JWC. Team discussed about the Italian Exam at...

Read more: Certification Team Meeting - November 07, 2017

Marketing Report - October 2017

By Ufuk Avcu on 2017-11-02 08:40 in Marketing Team

This meeting covers the preparation of “Joomla in Action” for the Joomla World Conference in Italy / Rom. Attendees: Ufuk Avcu Shirat Goldstein Parth Lawate Sandra Thevenet Yves Hoppe Divide up into two parts Action Part Try to do so many of the tasks we have. First JIA Part from 15:00 to 16:30 +30 Minutes or more if needed. Discussion Part The Joomla Future - Wishes and Ideas! Second JIA Part from 17:00 to 18:30 Invite also some of the other...

Read more: Marketing Report - October 2017

JWC Meeting Minutes 31 October, 2017

By Jennifer Gress on 2017-11-01 16:55 in Joomla! World Conference Team

In attendance: Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall Jenn Gress Alison Meeks Mike Demo Sandra Decoux Luca Marzo Roberto Longo Brian Peat Davide Messia Apologies:   Hugh Douglas-Smith 1. Went over blog posts and articles. 2. Alison to help Sandra with posts to social media from now and through the event. 3. Dates: ticket sales close with guaranteed t-shirts. After t-shirts are not guaranteed. Tickets fully close 10th...

Read more: JWC Meeting Minutes 31 October, 2017

2017-10 Statistics

By Olaf Offick on 2017-11-01 15:38 in Forum Team

Timeframe10/2017New Posts4504New Topics849New Users1224 Timeframe10/2016New Posts5148New Topics1069New Users1889

Read more: 2017-10 Statistics

Submission review and communicating with community

By Karen Dunne on 2017-10-31 16:14 in Resource Directory Team

Meeting Minutes Agenda: Process for submission review and approvals Meeting minutes review and approval Newsletter and methods of communications   Submission review   Stefan and Brian walked through the process for submission review and approvals on the backend   Regarding approval of meeting minutes: Do we need to consider what constitutes a quorum? We currently have 5 members. Deb had taken the lead on the technical specs, jrd set,...

Read more: Submission review and communicating with community

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - October 26, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-10-30 15:58 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: October 26, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 45 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Sandra Decoux (Director). Apologies: Michael Babker (Director). Discussion outline Sandra Decoux...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - October 26, 2017

JWC Italian Outreach Team Meeting - October 27, 2017

By Roberto Longo on 2017-10-28 20:49 in JWC 2017 - Italian Outreach

Attendees: Luca Marzo, Davide Messia, Donato Matturro, Roberto Longo Minutes of meeting: Schools contacts We contacted several schools in Rome. Still no feedback received. We have to recontact them using a more "incisive" email (less detailed and easier to understand). After sending emails it would be better to make a phone call as followup. Task: Roberto will prepare the emails and will contact the schools by phone. Davide offered his help to complete this task. JUG and Association /...

Read more: JWC Italian Outreach Team Meeting - October 27, 2017

2017-10 Joomla! Bug Squad Team Meeting

By Niels Braczek on 2017-10-28 12:56 in Bug Squad

Friday, October 27th, 2017, 18:00 UTC on Glip   Attendees Niels Braczek (NB) X Demis Palma (DP)   Members Beat     Kevin Griffiths     Brian Teeman     Leo Lammerink     Chris Davenport     Michael Babker (MB)   X Constantin Romankiewicz     Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos     David...

Read more: 2017-10 Joomla! Bug Squad Team Meeting

JED Team Meeting - October 27, 2017

By Anibal Sanchez on 2017-10-27 17:04 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Daniel Dubois, Darek Śnieg, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo and Troy Hall. Absent: Aleksander Kuczek, Dénes Székely, Markus Bopp, Mark Lee, Martin Mueller, Miron Savan, Paul Franklin and Sotiris Katsaniotis. New Listing Specialists To help in the processing of new extensions, two new listing specialists have been...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - October 27, 2017

Marketing & Communication Department Meeting - 25 October 2017

By Sandra Decoux on 2017-10-26 18:07 in Marketing & Communication

Attendees Sandra Decoux - Department Coordinator / CTT Assistant Team Lead Ufuk Avcu - Marketing Team Lead Parth Lawate - Marketing Assistant Team Lead Alison Meeks - Social Media Team Lead Hans Van Der Meer - Social Media Assistant Team Lead Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall   Department Coordinator During the JWC Department Sprint, the team will define the global marketing for J4 (work on the landing page / teasing blog posts, articles for magazines, web...

Read more: Marketing & Communication Department Meeting - 25 October 2017

GDPR Working Group - Update - October 24, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-10-24 16:24 in GDPR Working Group

This report is to announce the progress of GDPR Working Group no meeting has been held today. Progress & Achievements The group worked to a spreadsheet where almost all the systems / applications / websites / services used by the Joomla! Project are listed. The list includes also the owner and the data treated through the app/system. James and Marco shared some very useful files/tools to perform the GAP Analysis and the Assessment for all the systems used. The group started to...

Read more: GDPR Working Group - Update - October 24, 2017

17th October 2017 User Groups Team (JUG Team) Meeting minutes

By Djamel Kherbi on 2017-10-17 17:39 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Djamel Kherbi Jenn Gress Noemi Sanchez Del Rio   Apologies: Brian Row Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall   No Shows: Eric Lamy   We had our bi-monthly meeting second  meeting for the month of October, held  from 19 pm to 20 pm CET on Google hangout, the following items were discussed.   Update and pending listing, pending for approval on Joomla Greece Jenn is working on Greece  and Joomla user Group Nancy Djamel is doing...

Read more: 17th October 2017 User Groups Team (JUG Team) Meeting minutes

Onboarding new team members and tool sets

By Karen Dunne on 2017-10-17 16:08 in Resource Directory Team

Meeting Minutes Main topic was for the onboarding new team members, e.g. history of the team, where we’re at and where we want to go, and a review of tools set, i.e. Google Hangouts, Glip, Github. New to the team are Stefan and Karen. Approval system:  Talked about items that are considered for becoming listed on the JRD, i.e. community involvement, complete information, trademark compliance, sample projects that have been completed on Joomla. Discussion of the ticket...

Read more: Onboarding new team members and tool sets

Joomla Volunteers Portal team meeting 16 October 2017

By Sander Potjer on 2017-10-16 18:02 in Volunteers Portal Team

Date: 16 October 2017 - Time: 16:30 UTCParticipants: Roland Dalmulder, Kumar Venkatesh, Sander PotjerApologies: Mihir Chhatre, Yves Hoppe, Zaki Abdullah Minutes: Welcome! Welcome to our new Volunteers Portal team members! A quick introduction about each of us, and what we would like to contribute to the Volunteers Portal and what we would like to get out of our contributions personally. The current team can be viewed here: https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/volunteers-portal-team Roles...

Read more: Joomla Volunteers Portal team meeting 16 October 2017

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - October 12, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-10-16 09:42 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: October 12, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 50 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Michael Babker (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Sandra Thevenet (Elected Director). Apologies: Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Søren Beck Jensen...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - October 12, 2017

Media Manager status meeting 4. October 2017

By Allon Moritz on 2017-10-07 05:26 in New Media Manager Team

Thursday 4th October 2017 on Google Hangouts Time: 19:30 CEST List of Attendees Overview   Attendee   A     A Allon Moritz (Lead) CH x       Yves Hoppe DE         David Neukirchen DE x       Kasun Vithanage SR x       Britta Stender DK         Dimitris...

Read more: Media Manager status meeting 4. October 2017

Joomla Operations Department Meeting, October 4th 2017

By Peter Martin on 2017-10-05 07:40 in Operations

Joomla Operations Department Meeting Wednesday October 4th 2017, 19:00:00  UTC Participants: Jaz Parkyn (Extensions Directory Team), Olaf Offick (Forum Team), Peter Martin (Operations Department Coordinator), Sander Potjer (Volunteers Portal Team), Sławomir Sikora (Template Directory Team), Brian Mitchell (Resource Directory Team), Helvecio da Silva (Community Magazine Team). Apologies: Sebastien Lapoux (Showcase Directory Team) Minutes:  Operations Department...

Read more: Joomla Operations Department Meeting, October 4th 2017

JCM Team Meeting and Updates Report: SEP 2017

By Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva on 2017-10-04 18:23 in Community Magazine Team

JCM Team Meeting Date: Sep 8th 2017 Presences: Helvecio da Silva - Jacques Rentzke - Nicky Veitch Topics Editorial Line Getting more authors/more involvement JCM Budget Joomla World Conference attendance JCM Visual Identity JCM Giveaways for events Spanish edition Review the guidelines articles Editorial Line Contacting Team leaders to be interviewed Promote JED extensions on articles Contact Jay Blaq about writing more articles Contact Ruth about if she...

Read more: JCM Team Meeting and Updates Report: SEP 2017

Trademark Team Report - October 3, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-10-03 17:06 in Trademark & Licensing Team

This report is to announce the progress of Trademark & Licensing Team, no meeting has been held today.   Progress & Achievements Ticket System has been splitted into 2 departments: one to deal with new requests of trademark permissions and the other one to deal with existing violations. Claire, Ugur and Subodh are dealing with Trademark Violations trying to address the violations reported by users and found on the web. Their approach is to guide users to be compliant with...

Read more: Trademark Team Report - October 3, 2017

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - September 28, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-10-02 12:18 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: September 28, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 20 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Michael Babker (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director), Sandra Thevenet (Elected Director). Apologies: Radek Suski...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - September 28, 2017

2017-09 Statistics

By Olaf Offick on 2017-10-01 18:50 in Forum Team

Timeframe9/2017New Posts4492New Topics871New Users1282 Timeframe9/2016New Posts4525New Topics1013New Users1870

Read more: 2017-09 Statistics

JED Team Meeting - September 29, 2017

By Anibal Sanchez on 2017-09-29 18:34 in Extensions Directory Team

Today the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) team met at 2 pm GMT via Glip to discuss our progress of current tasks. In attendance: Jaz Parkyn, Anibal Sanchez, Aleksander Kuczek, Darek Śnieg, Dénes Székely, Hugh Douglas-Smith, Luca Marzo and Troy Hall. Absent: Daniel Dubois, Markus Bopp, Mark Lee, Martin Mueller, Miron Savan, Paul Franklin and Sotiris Katsaniotis. New Listing Specialists To help in the processing of new extensions, two new listing specialists have been...

Read more: JED Team Meeting - September 29, 2017

Media Manager code sprint 20. September 2017

By Allon Moritz on 2017-09-27 12:47 in New Media Manager Team

Sunday 24th September 2017 on KTC Könistgsein in Frankfurt, Germany Goal The main goal of the sprint was to stabilize the media manager to be ready for the first Alpha release of Joomla 4. Additionally we added some visual improvements and new features. As the sprint happens on the Joomla day Germany we wanted to get as much direct feedback as much possible from Joomlers on the conference. Day 1 We started the day with some organisation stuff. Mainly to define the most important tasks and...

Read more: Media Manager code sprint 20. September 2017

JWC Meeting Minutes - 19th September 2017

By Hugh Douglas-Smith on 2017-09-26 11:10 in Joomla! World Conference Team

Participants: Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen, MikeDemo, Alison Meeks, Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall, Davide Messia, Roberto Longo Apologies: Hugh Douglas-Smith TEAM ROLES & RECRUITMENT Ronni Team requires additional assistance with SoMe, Ronni K. Gothard Christiansen to reach out to volunteers.Further resources to be taken from the Capital Team VENUE Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall and Davide Messia discussing final details direct with...

Read more: JWC Meeting Minutes - 19th September 2017

19th September 2017 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

By Jennifer Gress on 2017-09-19 21:01 in User Groups Team

In attendance: Djamel KherbiBrian RonnowJenn GressNoemi Sanchez del RioAnd Rowan via Glip No Show: Eric Lamy 1. Discussed directory review. Djamel has completed the review of Africa except a couple. Jenn to do Djamel's listing and Noemi taking care of Blida. The rest of the team needs to get on it. Hands were slapped. 2. The only pending listing isn't really a pending listing. It's approved but we have a JUG that wants to use a TLD. Jenn and Luca are working on a procedure for TLDs at...

Read more: 19th September 2017 JUG Team Meeting Minutes

Certification Steering Team Meeting 19 September 2017

By Sam Suresh on 2017-09-19 12:44 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Certification Steering Group meets every Tuesday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on September 19, 2017 on Glip. Team members In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Andrea Gentil. Richard van Tilborg Discussion Outline The questions in new QMS imported. However there is an issue with True False questions. Michael to look into it. Sam will initiate re-import after the issues are fixed. Exam team to decide on timeline for Italian exam the Luca to start the...

Read more: Certification Steering Team Meeting 19 September 2017

2017-09 Joomla! Bug Squad Team Meeting

By Niels Braczek on 2017-09-18 13:02 in Bug Squad

Friday, September 15th, 2017, 18:00 UTC on Glip Attendees Niels Braczek (NB) X Demis Palma (DP)   Members Achal Aggarwal 0   Jennifer Marriott 0   Anja Hage 0   Kevin Griffiths 256   Beat 1   Leo Lammerink 571   Brian Teeman 2390   Michael Babker (MB) 1325 X Chris...

Read more: 2017-09 Joomla! Bug Squad Team Meeting

OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - September 14, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-09-18 07:58 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting Date: September 14, 2017 Time: 17:00 UTC Total time of meeting: 1 hour 10 minutes Attendees: Robert Jacobi (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Mike Demopoulos (Treasurer), Rowan Hoskyns-Abrahall (Director), Radek Suski (Director), Yves Hoppe (Director), Peter Martin (Director), Søren Beck Jensen (Director). Apologies: Aleksander Kuczek (Vice President), Michael Babker (Director) Discussion outline President A...

Read more: OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - September 14, 2017

Trademark Team Report - September 15, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-09-15 16:54 in Trademark & Licensing Team

This report is to announce the progress of Trademark & Licensing Team, no meeting has been held today. Progress & Achievements A new ticket system has been installed, accessible at https://tm.joomla.org/contact.html. Ticket system change was necessary due to several technical issues of the previous one. The old ticket system will be used as internal reference and archive. All the tickets in the old system that needs to be addressed, will be moved to the new one. Tickets will be...

Read more: Trademark Team Report - September 15, 2017

Marketing Report - September 2017

By Ufuk Avcu on 2017-09-15 11:41 in Marketing Team

The Marketing Team is working on different tasks. Because of the vacation time, the last few weeks have been a little quiet. But slowly it's back to business.   Volunteers: Pan to setup a newsletter with Marketing Volunteers and send a regular Newsletter. The goal is to engage the volunteers and highlight some github Projects   Project Management: Our regular meetings are two times a month.   Tasks & Projects The last weeks are mainly for...

Read more: Marketing Report - September 2017

Marketing & Communication Department Report from September 2017

By Radek Suski on 2017-09-14 08:03 in Marketing & Communication

The Marketing Team will try to find all Cloud Services for WebApps like Microsoft Azure, aws, digital ocean, ovh etc. Then find responsible persons, improve description of Joomla! And try to improve ratings. The team is also considering to restart the Distribution Working Group. The Marketing Onboarding Group is not very active at the moment. The team needs a dedicated mentor who would be capable of doing this job frequently. The team is preparing for Joomla 3.8 release. Due to unfortunate...

Read more: Marketing & Communication Department Report from September 2017

Certification Steering Meeting - September 12, 2017

By Luca Marzo on 2017-09-12 12:30 in Certification Team

The Joomla! Certification Steering Group meets every Tuesday at 1:00 PM GMT. This meeting was held on September 12, 2017 on Glip.   Team members In attendance: Sam Suresh, Luca Marzo, Andrea Gentil. Discussion Outline Steering Group discussed about the need to build a network of JUGs that provide the Certification across the world. Sam proposed to write a monthly article for JCM including the Certified Users of the month. Since Certification Team receives a notification...

Read more: Certification Steering Meeting - September 12, 2017