By Thomas Baker on 2015-10-30 00:00 in Transition Team

 

Date:

23-Oct-2015

Time:

21:00 - 22:30 BST (UCT+1)

Doodle:

Done

Where:

GoToMeeting

Facilitator:

Ian MacMillan

Minutes By:

Ian MacMillan + TJ Baker

 

Meeting Objectives:

To start doing the work!

 

Requested Attendees:

Jon Neubauer

Present

Ryan Ozimek

Absent

Helvecio Dasilva

Absent

George Wilson

Absent

Ian Macmillan

Present

TJ Baker

Present

Ken Crowder

Absent

Guillermo Bravo

Absent

 

Agenda:

ID

Topic

Time

Lead

Notes

Decision/Actions

Who

Due

1

Should we split project into 3.5 phases?

10

IM

Propose splitting into (1) Pre-Election Prep (2) Team Leader elections starting early Nov  (3) Departmental and Board Elections - and a mini-stage to prep for and get best out of Joomla World Conf

Agreed - but look to push Departmental elections until Jan once all the holiday periods are over.

Factor into timeline/ roadmap.

   

2

Should we appoint Departmental Transition Coordinators?

10

IM

A temporary role to help transition teams into departments, confirm active, coordinate elections, support dept/coordinators etc. If so, who? We each take a department? And someone suggested by current leadership teams to assist?

Get the dept list finalized and assign responsible transition team leader


(Teams will want defined list of action items for their team, with ‘due dates’.)

JN + Team

27-Oct

3

Overview of how we can use a board inside Trello to coordinate what we are doing

15

IM

Propose keep Glip for chat, but use Trello to coordinate what we’re doing...with links on Trello card to docs held in GDrive. Suggest a Scrum/Agile-ish approach….with a backlog of all deliverables (sorted by stage), that then get broken down into manageable chunks and moved into weekly “sprints” we commit to getting done week-by-week.

Write up how we’ll be using Trello for weekly Fri-to-Fri “sprints”... and get team using it.

Check docs in correct GDrive folder

IM

26-Oct

4

How do we best make use of Joomla World Conf?

10

 

….and what do we need to create for this? Suggest:

  • Transition Roadmap

  • Diagram Explaining How The New Structure Works

  • Summary of “Community Rules’ from Structure Doc

  • Explanation of what it’s like to be part of new structure, and new ways of behaving/new mindset

  • Fuller definition of each Departments (overview of purpose, responsibilities, authority)

  • Full List Of All Teams With Proposal For Which Department, To Be Disbanded (if inactive) Or To Be Created (eg Local Communities)

Need easy to understand presentation + other material that answers the main question conference attendees will have - “How does this affect me?” (and how will things be better).

Make this the focus of current weekly sprint.

Team

30-Oct

5

Local Communities: How do we approach this?

10

 

Which countries? Regions if to small? Let the community decide?

How & when to we kickstart the formation of Country Teams?

Countries do not fit the shape and distribution of the community/User Groups too well. Need to think though with team - consider running as separate track to not slow down transition of “Project” teams - and too important to rush.

Team

 

6

Plan next week’s “Sprint”

25

IM

What do we NEED to do next week (Joomla World Conf v soon)?
What SHOULD we start now?

What WILL we do next week (priority/importance v time)?

Key deliverables we started adding to next week’s sprint include requesting changes to Volunteer Portal + what needed by World Conf

IM, JN + Team

26-Oct

7

Bylaws: Do they need to include full “community rules” from Structure Document?

-

IM

Check with Legal Team if need to change bylaws to include the new procedures for electing team leaders and departmental coordination team leaders...and if these need to be in place before Team Leaders are elected.

Check with Legal.

Check also that votes in team leader elections be cast via in any way the team see fit (eg via an email).

IM

27-Oct

8

Guillermo Bravo

-

JN

We’ve had no contact from Guillermo.

Attempt contact again, and if no response or a no desire to participate, then request replacement from CLT

JN

30-Oct




Next Meeting: Every Friday 21:00 - 22:30 BST (UCT+1)




Other Points Mentioned:

1

Teams need to know that at a team level, it’s effectively “business as usual” as a new department is moved created above them….led by who they choose to lead them.

2

Current team leaders will need to assign roles to their team (Leader, Assistant Leader, Member, Contributor) prior to team leader re-elections being held. Votes can most likely be cast via in any way the team see fit (eg via an email) - but need to check with Legal.

3

Team pages  of Volunteer Portal will need to change - Group Role => Team Role (Leader, Assistant Leader, Member, Contributor) + show Position