By Thomas Baker on 2015-11-24 23:51 in Transition Team

Transition Team Weekly Meeting - Agenda

Date:

20-Nov-2015

Time:

9pm GMT

Doodle:

Done

Where:

GoToMeeting (or Skype)

Facilitator:

Ian MacMillan

Minutes By:

Ian MacMillan

 

Meeting Objectives:

Mobilizing the community

 

Requested Attendees:

Jon Neubauer

 

Ryan Ozimek

 

Helvecio Dasilva

 

George Wilson

Present

Ian Macmillan

Present

TJ Baker

Present

Ken Crowder

Present

Guillermo Bravo

 

 

Agenda:

 

ID

Topic

Time

Lead

Notes

Decision/Actions

Who

Due

1

Roadmap/timeline to change

10

IM

Review draft diagram of outline roadmap/timeline to show the sequencing of what has to happen

Given lack of momentum + holiday season downtime upon us...need to rethink dates.... Discuss on Glip.

ALL

 

2

Dept Coordination Checklist

15

IM

Needs to create a checklist of items to assure we cover all bases when we coordinate with our dept.

Document started in Drive...everyone must add what they think they and/or their department will need + steps they should take.... Discuss on Glop

ALL

 

3

Allocating teams into the new departments

10

IM

Using suggestions in Structure Doc as a guide, need to place existing teams under the new departments

IM will copy/paste the teams on the Volunteer Portal into the departments suggested in the Structure Doc....as a starting-point for collectively working out which team is best placed in which department. Discuss on Glip

IM + ALL

 

4

Contact existing teams who don’t meet new requirements

10

JN

Progress & issues with letting them know they don’t meet new requirements and what that means.

  • Draft email for all groups with information about upcoming changes.

  • Draft email specifically to those groups that don’t meet new requirements. (too few members)

  • Draft an email for leaders who are leader of more than one team to inform them that under new structure they can only be a leader of one team, so will need to choose which one they wish to nominate themselves for re-election.

No progress. Coordinate with setting dates & changing Volunteer Portal. And a blog + Joomla magazine article about the changes ahead.

JN

 

5

Communicating with the community

10

IM

We need to start actively communicating….and we have a number of issues that are hard for us to resolve in a vacuum (overall timing, how many departmental coordinators, etc)...so why not open up a dialogue? eg start “Blabbing”

Once milestones set (taking into account holiday period), need to start communicating, eg blog posts, Joomla magazine...and perhaps video/blab.

   

6

Draft “community rules” for inclusion in new OSM bylaws

10

IM

Progress & issues with stripping back the Structure Document so that it functions as a set of rules/procedures.

None. IM to work with HD and GW to start making progress.

IM, HD, GW

 

7

Volunteer Portal needs to have a Departments page + pages for each department

   

Department page should include purpose, coordinators, + links to teams in Teams (currently Workgroups) page. Note teams that are not part of any department can exist outside the Departmental hierarchy (eg as an unofficial team).

TJ to arrange with Sander to have Volunteer Portal changed.

TJ

 

8

Communities Department

 

IM

KC & RO & others discussed this new department while in Joomla World Conference....need to tap into their thinking

RO to bring us up to speed & lead discussion/planning on Glip for this department

   

9

Last sprint review + next sprint plan

15

IM

See Trello board

Focus is setting dates, getting checklist done, changing Volunteer Portal, allocating teams to departments and getting moving.